Joe is a tall, thin man with pale skin, red eyes, light-blue hair and eyebrows, and a purple scar painted over his left eye. His attire is comprised of a jester's motley coat and breeches with sewn-in boots, with the colors comprised of purple and cerulean-blue, a white sweater with a breaching white collar, cyan cuffs and purple cuff links, a red belt with a silver buckle, and a black beret hat.
In battle, Joe is shown to be reckless and unpredictable with his bey. Outside of battle, He is usually quiet and likes to analyze his opponents, as revealed in Episode 9 how he defeated Arman.
Before watching battles, he'll flip a coin to determine which opponent will win
However, he is a good sport and congratulated Dante for his win and even let him keep one of his coins.
- The Judgement: Joker focuses its power into the rubber blades, then uses the hooking edge to deal massive damage (the cost is that it take massive damage as well)
- Trick Roulette: Joker's Trick driver changes modes automatically and repeatedly at the start of the battle, confusing the opponent and making its tracks unpredictable.
- Joker Wheel: Joker uses the counterclockwise facing blades on the Turn frame (in defense mode) to deflect the opponent's attack.
- Joker Flush: Joker rides to the top of the stadium slope, then rides downwards to increase its speed and power while having its Trick driver change into attack mode for a powerful attack.
|Beyblade Burst Rise|
|Taka Kusaba||08||Win (2-0)|
|Ichika Kindo||08||Win (2-0)|
|Arman Kusaba||09||Win (2-0)|
|Dante Koryu||10-11||Lose (1-3)|
|Gwyn Reynolds||33||Lose (0-2)|
- Episode 07 - Valt, I Challenge You!
- Episode 08 - The Exciting Bey Carnival!
- Episode 09 - All-In! Judgement Joker!
- Episode 10 - It's a Gatinko Battle in The Best Four!
- Episode 11 - Serious vs. Tricks!
- Episode 17 - Fly, Heaven Pegasus! (flashback)
- Episode 32 - Battle at Hell Tower!
- Episode 33 - Genesis Activates!
- "Should I watch this battle? If the coin flips heads, then I'll watch, otherwise, I'll get out of here."
- "When your opponent loses his luck, then take your chance immediately and don't miss it, and that's my style of blading." - To Arman
- " You're an awesome Blader, Dante, and do you know, how risky it is for your bey to attack Judgement Joker's weak-side blade with a disc?" - To Dante at a post-battle.
- "ALL IN, JUDGEMENT JOKER!"
- "It's time to test my luck today."
- Judgement Joker's avatar shares a scar on its left eye exactly like Joe's scar paint.
- Joe's last name in Japanese, Rurikawa means "lapis lazuli river".
- All of Joe's special moves have something to do with gambling.
- Joe is the second Beyblade Burst Rise character whose English initials are different from their Japanese initials, the first being Delta Zakuro.