King Helios Zone 1B (キングヘリオス・ゾーン・1B, Kingu Heriosu Zōn 1B) is a Balance Type Beyblade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Superking Layer System. It was released as a Booster in Japan on March 28th, 2020 for 1397円.
Superking Chip - Helios
- Main article: Superking Chip - Helios 1
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Helios Superking Chip will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Ring - King
- Main article: Ring - King
King is a left-spin Balance Type Ring that features five prominent blades that are raised at the back and five smaller blades in between that are slightly angled, creating a shape with moderate recoil. In theory the larger blades are meant to perform an Upper Attack and the smaller blades are supposed to parry attacks, but in practice they are not very effective at either.
As part of the Superking Layer System, King is compatible with any Left Spin or Dual Spin Superking Chip and Chassis. King is intended to be used with the 1B Chassis to facilitate its gimmick of changing between a five bladed mode for Attack and a ten bladed mode for Defense, depending on the orientation of the Ring in relation to the Chassis. In practice, these two modes have a negligible effect on the performance of the Combination, although the five bladed mode applies more Weight Distribution to the larger blades of King, which causes a miniscule increase in the Attack potential of the combination.
In addition, King has a thick underside that holds itself and the attached Superking Chip a bit higher than the Chassis, which exposes the teeth of the Chassis more, granting higher Burst Resistance. Despite the intent of the contact points and its high Burst Resistance, King has little use in competitive play, although it can be used in niche Attack and Spin-Equalization Combinations.
Chassis - 1B
- Main article: Chassis - 1B
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's 1B Chassis will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Performance Tip - Zone
- Main article: Performance Tip - Zone
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Zone Performance Tip will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
- King Helios' name is a combination of the word "king", a male ruler of a large body of state, and Helios, the Greek god of the sun, and son of the titan of light Hyperion.
- The "king" portion also ties to the fifth anime series' title "Superking".
- King Helios' avatar is an exact doppelganger of Super Hyperion's with alterations: blue armor, yellow neon lights, silver portions, cyan energy wings, an energy sword, and is left-handed.
- The red portion on the waist references to the red core on the Helios Superking Chip.
- Helios wielding his sword left-handed is a reference to Hikaru being left-handed.
- The sword's three-pronged tip is a reference to the cross in Christianity and the cross explosion at the death of an Angel from the Evangelion anime.
- The ten blades on Helios' shield also reference to the actual Beyblade's configuration to its ten bladed mode.
- There's an animation error in King Helios' avatar appearance as the left arm vanishes for a second while drawing out the sword.