Insert Hasbro Name, known as Left Eclipse 11Turn Zephyr' (レフトエクリプス・イレブンターン・ゼファーダッシュ, Refuto Ekuripusu Irebun Tān Zefā Dasshu) in Japan, stylized as Left αeclipse 11Turn Zephyr', is a Balance Type Beyblade that's a part of the Burst System as well as the Cho-Z Layer System. As an anime-exclusive Beyblade, it was never released. It is owned by Count Nightfell.
Energy Layer - Left Eclipse
Main article: Energy Layer - Left Eclipse
Left Eclipse is a Left Spin Balance Type Energy Layer that is the result of the combination of Left Astro A4 and Right Artemis A4 with Left Astro A4's center piece via the two Layers' shared gimmick. The left side features the Left Astro A4 half with multiple spikes on each side and the right side features the Right Artemis A4 half with three blades. The combinations of Left Astro A4, the sun, and Right Artemis A4, the moon, represent the Layer's namesake; an eclipse. As part of the Cho-Z Layer System, Left Eclipse features metal in its design; lining the blades. The inclusion of metal makes the Layer heavier than most SwitchStrike/God Layers.
The hybrid design of Left Eclipse is meant to create a mixed performance between Defense and Attack, however, like most Balance Type parts, this leads to mediocre performance in both categories. Furthermore, both sides feature too little recoil for Attack potential and too much recoil for Defense and Stamina potential, even when against opposite spin opponents.
Due to the gimmick, Left Eclipse is also incompatible with a Level Chip.
Forge Disc - 11
Main article: Forge Disc - 11
11, unlike most other odd numbered Core Discs, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Frame. Each side features one large protrusion to create the visage of an "11" with one protrusion featuring a large "1" shaped indent to create an unbalanced design, however the shallow depth of the indent creates no noticeable effect. Compared to other Core Discs, 11 is one of the lightest, even lighter than most non-Core Discs. This light weight severely hinders 11's Attack, Defense and Stamina potential and while the light weight would create high Burst resistance, the heavy weight of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System and the Cho-Z Layer System makes the use of lightweight Discs for Burst resistance obsolete.
Disc Frame - Turn
Main article: Disc Frame - Turn
Performance Tip - Zephyr'
Main article: Performance Tip - Zephyr'
Zephyr' features a hollow plastic flat tip with a small diameter, akin to Hole Flat from Metal Fight Beyblade, and sits at the standard height. Compared to Accel, the diameter of Zephyr' is slightly larger. The center of the Driver also contains an embossed logo featuring a stylized letter "Z" for easy differentiation from other Drivers. Due to the surface area, Zephyr' will create an aggressive, and if launched at an angle, somewhat easily controllable movement pattern. In terms of speed, Zephyr' is comparable to Accel, capable of reaching and stalling on the Tornado Ridge. Due to the plastic construction, Zephyr' is an excellent choice for both Mobile Stamina and Attack/Stamina Balance Combinations.
However, Zephyr''s plastic construction is also a weakness as Attack Combinations using Zephyr' can lose their Banking Pattern somewhat easily, especially if the Combinations are unbalanced. Furthermore, the low friction means that Zephyr' is liable to self-Knock-Outs. Finally, due to Zephyr''s hollow construction, the Driver is liable to denting in the case of Disk to Driver contact after a Burst.
However, unlike its predecessor, Zephyr' features a much thicker spring in its locking mechanism, increasing Zephyr''s Burst resistance and significantly reducing the risk of Driver damage.
- Left Eclipse's name is based from the word "left" and Eclipse, the astrological event in which the Moon passes between the Sun and Earth at daylight, casting a temporary shadow in the planet that dissipates as the Moon moves out of the alignment.
- Due to Left Apollos being the base, Left Eclipse's Layer mirrors one of the later phases of a solar eclipse as the Moon leaves the Sun's alignment with Earth.
- Eclipse's avatar also mirrors the Beyblade's Layer: The left side possessing attributes of the Sun, and the right side possessing attributes of the Moon.
- The Turn Disc Frame on Eclipse also matches the spin direction of the Beyblade's Layer.
- Due to its Balance-Type specification, Left Eclipse acts as a Defense-Type with Turn's blades facing its left.
- Due to this Beyblade being an anime-exclusive, Left Eclipse utilizes the same 11 Forge Disc, Turn Disc Frame, and Zephyr' Performance Tip that Hades H3 11Turn Zephyr' utilizes.