He is one of the most skilled Blader in the series, and as of now has won 5 National Championships in a row after defeating his two greatest opponents, Valt Aoi and Shu Kurenai. He is also the best of the Supreme Four and was formerly the second best of the Big Five, and a member of Rideout. His current Bey is Raid Lúinor Destroy' 3A.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 4 Beyblades
- 5 Beybattles
- 6 Official Descriptions
- 7 Anime Appearances
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Relationships
- 10 Quotes
- 11 Video
- 12 Trivia
- 13 References
Lui is a pale-skinned boy with light-blue and white hair, violet eyes with a ring around them, and sharp teeth.
In Burst and Evolution, Lui's attire consists of a white feather boa that reaches down to his knees, a sky-blue dress shirt with breeches, a dark-purple tie, blue pants with black stripes, and white boots. When training, Lui wears white sneakers, a white sleeveless t-shirt with the Rideout team logo, and navy blue track pants with two white stripes. Lui was also short for the first two seasons.
In Turbo, Lui has grown taller and now and wears a sky-blue shirt with breeches and violet diamond markings and boarders, dark-blue, pants, a black elastic band slung twice around his waist and over his left shoulder, white boots with violet markings and black diamond patterns, and a long white winter coat in place of his feather boa.
In Surge, Lui wears a teal-blue shirt with breeches, violet boarders and a violet interior, blue loose pants, white boots with a violet cuff around each ankle area, a violet band on his left bicep, and a thinner white feather boa. His hair has also grown in length.
In DB, Lui wears a modified version of his Surge attire: a dark-purple shirt with breeches, red borders and interior, black loose pants, and white boots with a dark-purple ankle cuffs and caps. The violet band that was originally on his left bicep is now on his right and he now wears a yellow earring on his left ear.
When Lui resonates with his Beyblade, his hair lights up and moves in a fire-like manner.
Lui is aggressive and intense. He owns a reverse-rotating dragon Bey - Luinor, which is similar to Ryuga's L-Drago and Sakyo Kurayami's Ronin Dragoon as his Bey also has metal headed dragons which rotate to the left. He also may be a sadist as he is seen to inflict harm onto Shu Kurenai multiple times by creating the scar on his face, broke Spryzen, and damaging his recovering shoulder. This resulted in Shu having a deep hatred for him. Like the other members of the Supreme Four, Lui has been shown to possess some intelligence, as demonstrated when he battled Red Eye and destroyed his mask, stating afterwards that he knew it was Shu the whole time.
As shown several times throughout the series, Lui only battles opponents that he deems worthy and is not afraid to voice his opinions on others, especially if they fail to live up to his standards. However, it is hinted that he is able to tell whether or not a Blader is in sync with their bey. For example, he commended Gabe Brunai for having connected with Gaianon and this could be the reason why Lui called Valt a terrible Blader; he was able to see something that Valt couldn't. Which was that Valtryek had not yet at the time unlocked its true strength.
Lui does not like being cheered on by his peers (which was stated by Gabe and Katana when Kyo tried to do so), and initially did not believe in good sportsmanship. This is demonstrated when he criticized Shinki Mikuni for admiring Shu's skills, and later Gabe on congratulating Zac for beating him. In addition, he only wants to win with his own skill, as shown when he wins the final match against Valt Aoi, the other finalist in the Individual Tournament, due to Valtyrek accidentally bursting by itself and demands Valt to have a rematch, which Valt politely refuses. He does have a sense of honor though, stating that he does not battle against injured opponents (though ironically, he injured Shu in their first battle prior to the series).
In Beyblade Burst Turbo, he seems to have developed an interest in Aiger Akabane most likely due to his similarities to Valt. By this time, it also seems as though he's not as rude as he was in the previous two seasons.
In Beyblade Burst Surge, Lui has become much kinder & friendlier than in the first three seasons & much more caring. This is due to forming a bond with Dante Koryu to make him friendlier. He is also seen heroic, as he grabbed Hyuga Hizashi to prevent him from falling.
Lui is a member of Rideout, led by his friend Gabe Brunai and is one of the Supreme Four. According to Gabe's memories, Lui was a transfer student and attended the same class as Gabe. Despite usually keeping to himself, he often went to observe Gabe while he was Beyblade training and developed an interest on him and later joining the Bey Club.
He is first introduced at Zac's party as a "special guest". Upon his arrival, he shrugs off Valt's compliments towards him and gives a handshake to the other members of the Supreme Four. Later, he watches Zac and Valt's battle. After Valt loses the fight, he calls him a terrible Blader. He respects skilled and talented Bladers, but he is quite rude as he injured Shu on his right eye in the championship battle by knocking out his Bey and sent it flying right into Shu's eye. He won his 4th championship very easily by defeating Shu without any loss.
In the Finals of the Team Battle Tournament, Lui finally makes an appearance, which he never did in the past. He would later go up against Valt and win, with one instance involving Valt managing to tie in a match against him (something that no one had ever achieved before).
Later in the Individual Tournament, Lui easily defeats all of his opponents, including Ken, without any ties or losses in his battles. He also takes an interest in seeing Valt's battles, realizing that his skills are getting better. Lui once again faces Shu in the semi-finals, and wins when Shu's Storm Spryzen breaks a split second before Lost Luinor stops spinning. Lui eventually faces Valt in the finals, but is angered and disappointed when he emerged victorious after Victory Valtryek burst upon landing on a stadium dent it had created at the start of the battle. Ultimately he acknowledges Valt's skills, in his way, showing some character growth since his debut.
Lui first appeared doing intense training with 7 unknown Bladers. He then appeared during the match between the Raging Bulls and BC Sol, where he observed Free De La Hoya (to challenge him later on) and became impressed with Valt's growing strength. He later challenged Red Eye (who is revealed to be Shu Kurenai) to a battle. He completely crushed him with a Burst Finish. It was during this battle that Red Eye's identity was revealed, which Lui knew all along. Irritated by this, Valt Aoi challenged Lui, but he was also defeated by him as well.
Later he challenged Free, the World's Number 1 Blader. After several ties, he defeated Free with a Burst Finish as well. He is the first Blader in the series to defeat the reigning champion Free. Shu Kurenai and his new Bey, Spryzen Requiem 0 Zeta battled a hologram of him, ending with Shu's new Spryzen Bursting hologram Nightmare Luinor Destroy. Lui competes in the International Blader's Cup with Silas Karlisle and the rest of the Big Five, beating everyone except Free. In episode 46 and 47, he was defeated by Free De La Hoya, giving him his first loss in the anime. He was then beaten by Shu Kurenai, who destroyed Luinor L3. After this loss, Lui began to laugh with joy, having received a new perspective on Beyblading.
Lui first appeared in the ending of the fourth episode doing intense training in an isolated, icy region. He then appears in the fifth episode to challenge Valt to a title match. He defeated Aiger Akabane easily with a Burst Finish when the latter came to challenge him. However, with Valt Aoi, the score was tied with both Bladers getting a Burst Finish over each other, and with the stadium destroyed in the third round, he was unable to snatch the title of World Champion from Valt. When Suoh took Fubuki to visit Lui, Aiger and Ranjiro caught wind of this, resulting in a one on three match. Lui easily defeated all three of them with Burst finishes. Lui then announced the Luinor Cup, where the winner would get to challenge him to a battle. In this, it is seen that Lui thinks that the weak should go home, and then states that the rest would just be amusement. Lui eventually had another battle with Aiger in the Luinor Cup. Aiger ended up defeating him, which lead to Aiger earning Lui's respect. Lui then congratulated Aiger and gave him a Level Chip for him to use in the future.
- Lost Lúinor Nine Spiral: Lui's primary Beyblade in Beyblade Burst.
- Nightmare Lúinor Destroy: Lui's primary Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Evolution until it was destroyed by Shu Kurenai/Red Eye in Episode 49 of Evolution.
- Brutal Lúinor 13 Jolt: Lui's Turbo Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Turbo.
- Raid Lúinor Destroy' 3A: Lui's Lightning Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Surge.
- Unnamed Dynamite Beyblade:
- Nightmare Boost: In Beyblade Burst, Lui takes a small jump and spins around and launches. While in Beyblade Burst Evolution, Lui turns around and then launches. This move gives Luinor a boost in speed and power.
- Lightning Launch: When a Blader has achieved complete synchronization with his Beyblade, the Launcher will illuminate and sparkle, granting the bey a temporary increase in speed and power.
- Lost Spiral: Luinor speeds up with its Spiral Performance Tip and collides head-on with any opposing Bey for serious damage.
- Dragon Crash: Luinor's metal dragon heads rotate a total of 3 times after being hit with a powerful attack. Each time a dragon head is moved, it gives Luinor a power boost but increases its Burst rate.
- Dragon Scream: Luinor charges the opponent head-on, spinning around to allow all four of its dragon heads to strike. The heads slip underneath the opponent's Energy Layer for uppercut attacks, avoiding points of contact and dealing increased damage.
- Brutal Squall: After being attacked, Luinor is launched into the air and hits one of the stadium walls, flipping off it and into the air. It then dives down to increase its momentum and power, allowing it to deal massive damage and often burst the opposing Bey.
- Raid Upper: Lúinor uses the blades on its Raid Ring and 3A Chassis to attack the enemy with a powerful uppercut.
- Raging Tempest:
|Ben Azuki||35||Win (2-0) (flashback)|
|Gabe Brunai||38||Unknown (flashback; likely win)|
|Valt Aoi||38||Win (2-0)|
|Shu Kurenai||39||Win (3-0) (flashback)|
|Valt Aoi||39||Win (4-0)|
|Kakeru Nekota||40||Win (2-0)|
|Unknown Blader||44||Win (2-0)|
|Ken Midori||45||Win (3-0)|
|Shu Kurenai||48-49||Win (3-2)|
|Gabe Brunai, Shinki Mikuni, Katana Sakaki, and Kyo Sandai||50||Win (8-0)|
|Valt Aoi||50-51||Win (4-2)|
|Beyblade Burst Evolution|
|7 Unknown Bladers||33||Win|
|Shu Kurenai / Red Eye||35-36||Win (3-1)|
|Valt Aoi||36||Win (2-0)|
|Free De La Hoya||37||Win (2-0)|
|Joshua Burns||42||Win (2-0)|
|Silas Karlisle||43||Win (2-0)|
|Xander Shakadera||44||Win (2-0)|
|Ren Wu Sun||45||Win (2-0)|
|Free De La Hoya||46-47||Lose (1-3)|
|Shu Kurenai / Red Eye||49||Lose (2-3)|
|Beyblade Burst Turbo|
|Aiger Akabane||05||Win (2-0)|
|Valt Aoi||05||No Contest (2-2)|
|Suoh Genji||06||Win (2-0) (Flashback)|
|Aiger Akabane, Ranjiro Kiyama & Fubuki Sumiye||06||Win (6-0-0-0)|
|Aiger Akabane||14-15||Lose (2-3)|
|Beyblade Burst Surge|
|Hikaru Hizashi & Hyuga Hizashi||06||Win (4-0)|
|Hikaru Hizashi||07||Win (2-0)|
|Hyuga Hizashi||07||No Contest (0-0)|
|Lain Valhalla||08||Lose (0-2)|
|Hikaru Hizashi, Dante Koryu, Silas Karlisle, & Lain Valhalla (Battle Royale)||11||Lose (0-4)|
|Hikaru Hizashi & Rantaro Kiyama (with Dante Koryu)||13||Win (4-0)|
|Valt Aoi & Hyuga Hizashi (with Free De La Hoya)||14||Lose (0-2)|
|Valt Aoi and Rantaro Kiyama (with Dante Koryu)||20||Win (2-0)|
|Free De La Hoya & Silas Karlisle (with Dante Koryu)||21||Lose (1-2)|
|Shu Kurenai & Lain Valhalla (with Dante Koryu)||22||Lose (0-4)|
|Hikaru & Hyuga Hizashi (with Dante Koryu)||23||Lose (0-4)|
|Aiger Akabane & Ranjiro Kiyama (with Dante Koryu)||23||Win (4-2)|
|Beyblade Burst DB|
|Bell Daikokuten||01||Lose (0-2)|
Lui is an aloof genius, whose overwhelming power has led him to victory in four consecutive National Tournament championships. His disregard for the feelings of other Bladers creates friction with even his own teammates. As the strongest of the Supreme Four, he only battles opponents he thinks are worthy. If a battle isn’t a challenge, Lui wants no part in it.
One of the Big 5, Lui’s mix of natural talent and persistence make him a nightmare to opponents. The only Blader Lui sees as a worthy rival is World Number 1 Free De La Hoya.
Lui is one of the most feared Bladers in the world and considers Valt one of his rivals. He’s arrogant, with a mysterious personality, only battling those whom he deems as worthy opponents. There is no doubt in Lui’s mind that he is the strongest Blader in the world.
Combining overwhelming power with iron will, Lui Shirosagi is nothing but pure battle instinct. This mysterious Blading legend hones his skills day and night in his own specialized training facility atop a twisted spire of stone. He only battles against those he deems worthy, and they’d best watch out! Because when Lui enters the fray, he doesn’t hold back.
- Episode 32 - Cyclone Power!
- Episode 33 - Mega Flames! Dual Sabers!
- Episode 34 - The Beasts Bare Their Fangs! (flashback)
- Episode 35 - Primal Attack! Beast Betromoth! (flashback)
- Episode 36 - Rideout Rising!
- Episode 37 - Next Stop, Team Finals!
- Episode 38 - Battle to the Finish! Lost Luinor!
- Episode 39 - Into the Vortex! Lost Spiral!
- Episode 40 - All In! Going Solo!
- Episode 43 - Winged Launch!
- Episode 44 - Roar! Battle of the Beasts!
- Episode 45 - Spryzen vs Wyvron!
- Episode 46 - Battle for the Top! Valt vs Xander!
- Episode 47 - Star Battle!
- Episode 48 - Semi-Finals! Spin Versus Speed!
- Episode 49 - Old Rivals! Lui Versus Shu!
- Episode 50 - Overthrowing The King!
- Episode 51 - Final Showdown! Victory Valtryek!
- Episode 10 - Free to Launch! (flashback)
- Episode 13 - Twin Scythes! Double Strike! (flashback)
- Episode 33 - The World League Final!
- Episode 34 - Full Power! Spring Attack!
- Episode 35 - To The Podium!
- Episode 36 - Lúinor vs. Spryzen!
- Episode 37 - Challenge of Champions!
- Episode 38 - Requiem Project! Spryzen Unleashed! (hologram)
- Episode 39 - Emperor of the Underground!
- Episode 42 - BC Sol Scorcher!
- Episode 43 - White Hot Rivals!
- Episode 44 - Epic Evolution! Strike Valtreyk!
- Episode 45 - Spryzen the Destroyer!
- Episode 46 - No Limits! Free vs. Lui!
- Episode 47 - Full Force! Charging Up!
- Episode 48 - Teamwork! To the Semi-Finals!
- Episode 49 - The Fierce Four!
- Episode 50 - Breaking Point! Bursting Through! (flashback)
- Episode 51 - A Champion is Crowned! (flashback)
- Episode 05 - Turbo Match! Valtryek vs. Lúinor!
- Episode 06 - Winter Knight! Battle Royale!
- Episode 07 - Curtains Rise! The Lúinor Cup!
- Episode 13 - Lúinor Cup! Final Battle!
- Episode 14 - Raging Dragon! Brutal Lúinor!
- Episode 15 - Trial By Fire! Defeat Lui!
- Episode 06 - Dream Team! Tag Battle!
- Episode 07 - Conquering the Ogre's Dungeon!
- Episode 08 - The Jet-Black Sun! Vex Lucius!
- Episode 09 - Is This a Dream?! Or Is It a Nightmare?! (flashback)
- Episode 10 - Rise to Victory! Triumph Dragon!
- Episode 11 - The Great Revolution! Legend Festival!
- Episode 12 - Hyuga and Lain vs. Hikaru and Aiger!
- Episode 13 - A True Hero! Tag Battle Style!
- Episode 14 - Gotta Win! Going All-Out!
- Episode 16 - Grand Finale! Valt vs. Lain! (pictured)
- Episode 18 - Counterattack! Lucius Endbringer! (image)
- Episode 19 - Tag-Team! Ultimate Partner!
- Episode 20 - Raging Battle! Defeating the Storm!
- Episode 21 - The Climactic Legend Battle!/Burn, Flare! Spark!
- Episode 22 - Friendly Fire!? Limit Break: The End!/Next-Level Training! Jet Wyvern!
- Episode 23 - Burning! Manly! A Serious Battle!/Mad Storm! Raging Tempest!
- Episode 24 - No Spark!?/Bonds Between Beys!
- Episode 25 - Confident! Timid? Carefree!?/Surpass Your Limits! The Legendary Wall!
- Episode 26 - It's a Revolution! The Final Battle!/Break Through Our Limits! Our Flare!
For a full gallery of images of Lui, see Lui Shirosagi/Gallery.
Gabe is one of the few characters whom Lui shows genuine respect towards. As shown in a flashback, upon returning from living overseas, Lui would often observe Gabe while he practiced beyblade training, and the two eventually developed a mutual friendship between them. However, Lui still treats Gabe the same as everyone else, usually criticizing him for showing kindness and praising others.
Lui and Shu have a bitter and intense rivalry that dates back to the previous National Tournament, where it is revealed that Lui was responsible for giving Shu his scar during their battle. Since then, Shu had been training hard to get over the disappointment and humiliation he suffered that day in order to beat Lui. By Beyblade Burst Evolution, Shu succeeded in becoming powerful enough to defeat Lui, destroying his Beyblade in the process, and thereby getting his revenge. In Surge, they seem to be on better terms with each other, as shown when Lui continously thanks Shu for bringing Lain to his island. In the Super Legend Tag League, they even smile at each other once, showing that their mutual bitterness may have lessened.
At first, Lui did not see Valt as a worthy opponent, openly calling him a terrible Blader in his introduction and acting very cold and dismissive of him, especially when Valt praised him. However, it can be assumed that, as Valt advanced to the semi-finals, winning each and every one of his matches in the Individual Tournament, Lui eventually came to recognize Valt as a strong Blader. This is confirmed when the two of them fight in the finals where he openly acknowledged Valt for unlocking Valtryek's true strength and expresses joy for able to fight him at his fullest. Though, Valt claims that Valtryek is the one who unlocked his power.
In Beyblade Burst Evolution, Lui appears during the World League Finals between the Raging Bulls and BC Sol. It was during this time that Lui recognized Valt's growing strength when he defeated Joshua Burns with a Burst Finish.
In Beyblade Burst Turbo, Lui had come to terms with the fact that Valt's spirit and strength as a Blader made him the most worthy of his rivals. This became evident when he faced off against Valt in order to take his World Champion title from him, which proved to be in vain when they destroyed the stadium in their battle and the match ended in a stalemate.
They both hold a reverse rotation dragon bey and they know each other well. Both are members of the Big Five and they broke each other's winning streaks. Although both of them hold a rivalry, they are shown to be on better terms as of Surge, teaming together and working well with each other in the tag battle.
Aiger challenged him but lost. Just like Valt, Lui told him that he doesn’t deserve to use the Turbo Bey that he made by himself. Lui eventually became impressed with Aiger, especially after Aiger defeated him.
He defeated Suoh in Canada when Suoh was young and he was also a training partner of Lui. In Turbo, he is now on good terms with Suoh and even let him watch him train.
At first, Lui didn't like Dante due to him not being a worthy opponent, but after they defeated Hikaru Hizashi and Rantaro Kiyama in the Legend Festival, Lui began to respect Dante as a Blader and a tag-team partner. The two also work very well together as they are seen to make up, practice, and perform near-flawless strategies multiple times, leaving their opponents in very difficult positions.
- "Heh. What did you expect? No matter how many times I battle, I win. Doesn't matter who I'm up against."
- "You don't know anything about your own Bey! Can't you see that?!"
- "Are you ready for your worst nightmare? 'Cause it's just getting started!" (to Shu in their semi-finals match after Shu bursted his bey)
- "Prepare to meet your destiny."
- "I know how afraid you are of losing to me. I can even smell it." (while insulting Shu during their match)
- "So you finally scored a couple points off me! Congratulations! No surprise, really. I figured you'd show up at least a little stronger than the last time we faced off. Even though I crushed you, I was pretty sure you'd be working on a comeback. It's good to know that at least you're trying!" -Taunting Shu during their match in the semi-finals.
- "You've got skills. More than most of my opponents. I'll give you credit for making it this far. But this match is going to end just like the last one did."
- "If he isn't scared now, he will be soon enough. I'll make sure of it."
- "Destroy it!"
- "I only battle opponents I deem worthy. No exceptions!"
- "The future's already been decided." (To Shu in Zac's party)
- "As if I care..."
- "You will never in a million years be able to defeat me."
- "You lost the moment you started groveling like a fanboy."
- "YOU'RE AN EMBARRASSMENT! GET OFF THE STAGE!" - Lui to Shinki over his loss to Shu
- "Is that all you can bring to the table?" - Lui commenting on Silas's loss to Free during the World League.
- "What?! You mean that wasn't a Burst!?" (after he scored a ring out finish against Shu when he was expecting to tie)
- "My old friend! You've become great at losing! Maybe even the best!" -taunting Shu after his Red Eye identity is revealed.
- "I cracked the case! I knew it was you all along." - Lui, after he destroyed Red Eye's mask
- "I'm gonna crush your dreams!!" - Lui to Valt Aoi
- "He humiliated himself. He was so desperate to become the best Blader he put on that little red mask! He tried to hide from his past...You don't even know how he truly feels. Great friend you are!" - Lui telling Valt why Shu became Red Eye
- "Not bad. I'll be the first to admit. Valt's gotten stronger."
- "Free. It looks like I'll be the one to crush you, once and for all."
- "Nightmare Boost..."
- "Pathetic... " - Lui to Gabe Brunai
- "Tell me something that I already don't know!!" - Lui to Rideout team
- "I'm not going to let my victory hinge on some freak accident!"-demanding a rematch after Valt's bey bursted on a crack in stadium.
- "I've already won our next battle."
- "You're not worth it. And while we are on the subject, you're not worthy of that Turbo bey."
- "What is this resonance?" -seeing his Brutal Luinor react to Aiger's desire to battle him.
- "It's hard to believe, but you're actually all blockheads."
- "Oh, all right. Guess I'll join the blockhead brigade and have a little fun."
- "Forget the rules. If you can defeat me, then all of you win. Though I wouldn't count on it." -before starting the battle royale against, Aiger, Ranjiro, and Fubuki.
- "The weak should just go home! The rest of you will be my amusement." -giving a message to the Bladers who made it past the prequalifying round in the Luinor Cup.
- "Is that so? Then all I have to do is change this so-called destiny." -after hearing Laban's fortune.
- "It isn't any fun crushing an injured opponent" -to Aiger after he hurt his shoulder.
- "I only came out here because Kiyama asked me to take you nobodies on. But if you bore me I'm gonna dump you both in the ocean, you got that?" - Lui's first words in his Surge debut.
- "You're slow. If you don't want to take a dip I suggest not wasting a second of my precious time."
- "Unlike you two I don't care about things like sleep. I even train throughout the night if I want to. And in the morning when both of you are just waking up and getting started, I'm already hard at work. I train ten times more than you do, and on top of that I'm a hundred times more talented. Because of that simple fact, you will never fathom the depths of my power." - telling the Hizashi brothers about his training.
- His birthday is on Christmas Day.
- His family name, Shirasagijo, includes the Kanji character for white (白), following the color theme of characters in the Burst series.
- He is the first Beyblade antagonist to win the final battle against the protagonist, in this case being Valt Aoi.
- He can be considered the Burst counterpart of Ryuga and Sakyo Kurayami in the Metal Saga, due to him possessing a Left-Spin Bey with a dragon motif, as well as having a similar personality.
- His zodiac sign is a Capricorn.
- Lui is one of seven characters who did not make an apperance in the Beyblade Burst Rise anime, but did so in the manga: the six others being Silas Karlisle, Kristina Kuroda, Trad Vasquez, Shu Kurenai, Rantaro Kiyama, Ken Midori, and Daigo Kurogami.
- Lui won 7th place in the 2020 Japan popularity poll.
- According to the manga, Lui transferred to Gabe's school from America.