Mercury Anubius 85XF (マーキュリーアヌビウス85XF, Mākyurī Anubiusu 85XF) is an Attack Type Beyblade that appears in Beyblade: Metal Fury. It could be obtained by winning the Bey Ta 1 machine or through a tournament from the WBBA in Japan. It is owned by Yuki Mizusawa. As of the episode Awaken Anubius!, Yuki owns the Legend Ver. variant with a darker Energy Ring and a black and blue Fusion Wheel as shown to the right.
Face Bolt - Anubius
- Main article: Face Bolt - Anubius
The Anubius Face Bolt depicts "Anubis", the Egyptian god of the afterlife. The design features a side profile of the head of Anubis, facing towards the left.
Energy Ring - Anubius
- Main article: Energy Ring - Anubius
The Anubius Energy Ring is primarily two-sided, featuring round sides with a triangular spike between them.
Fusion Wheel - Mercury
- Main article: Fusion Wheel - Mercury
Mercury has a resemblance to Vulcan, with two rounded sides and a medium-sized spike with a gap between each rounded side. With this, one may think that Mercury would hold powerful Smash Attack but contrary to this, Mercury has absolutely no Attack Potential whatsoever. Due to its light weight, it also is even lighter than Poison, another terrible Attack Fusion Wheel, by one gram. Luckily, it's heavier than the Torch Wheel. This does not give Mercury enough weight to pack any powerful hits, or hold its ground against others, therefore, making it useless in Attack, Defense, and Stamina; Variares, Blitz, and Beat are much better for Attack.
Spin Track - 85
- Main article: Spin Track - 85
85 is the lowest Spin Track available and thus, the best Spin Track for low attackers due to its Attack and Stamina capabilities. However, 85's low height causes it to scrape the stadium floor when it begins to lose spin. Due to this, some prefer to use 90 over 85. However, if placed with tall Performance Tips, like Rubber Flat (RF), 85 can avoid floor scrapes as much as possible. Although 85 can be countered with Spin Tracks like TH170 and 230, it still remains an excellent Spin Track for Attack Type customizations. However, low-attacker Spin Tracks like 85 and 90 have fallen into disuse with the release of Flame Byxis 230WD and Hades Kerbecs BD145DS, as their Spin Tracks are immune to low attackers.
Performance Tip - Extreme Flat
- Main article: Performance Tip - Extreme Flat
Extreme Flat (XF) is the second widest "Flat" Peformance Tip currently available, the first being Giga Flat (GF). Due to its wide surface, Extreme Flat has fast and aggressive movement, similar to Right Rubber Flat (R2F). However, as it is made of plastic rather than rubber, it has greater stamina and not as much grip. Extreme Flat is overall a superb Attack Type Performance Tip, and when combined with a low track such as 85, which it is often paired with, it makes a powerful low attacker combo.
- Mercury Anubius 85XF - Brave Ver. (Metallic red and yellow Fusion Wheel).
- Mercury Anubius 85XF - Legend Ver. (Blue and black Fusion Wheel).
- Mercury Anubius 85XF - Bronze Ver. - Tournament prize, four produced.
- Mercury Anubius 85XF - Silver Ver. - Tournament prize, four produced.
- Mercury Anubius 85XF - Gold Ver. - Tournament prize, four produced.
- Mercury Anubis 85XF - Tournament prize (Matte red and yellow Fusion Wheel).
- Mercury Anubius can be obtained in the video game, Beyblade: Metal Masters by using one of it's features to download data from it's predecessor,Beyblade: Metal Fusion.
- It is the only Beyblade owned by a Legendary Blader that does not have any 4D parts.
- Hasbro released the Brave Ver. on March 16, 2013 as "Mercury Anubis 85XF". It came in a Booster Pack with no launcher, similar to the Hasbro release of Black Hole Galaxy Pegasus. It was only obtainable in tournaments in participating Toys "R" Us stores across Canada.
- The Hasbro package of Mercury Anubius 85XF Brave Ver. is misspelt "Anubis".
- The Hasbro version has notable differences, including different matte paint used for the Fusion Wheel instead of metallic paint, and a brighter Face Bolt print.
- This is the only Metal Fury Bey that was not released in regular retail.
- Mercury Anubius is one of the few Beyblades that made its debut in the toyline and video games prior to its anime appearance.