Mercury Anubius 85XF (マーキュリーアヌビウス 85XF, Mākyurī Anubiusu 85XF) is an Attack-Type Beyblade that appears in Beyblade: Metal Fury. It could be obtained by winning the Bey Ta 1 machine or through a tournament from the WBBA in Japan. It is owned by Yuki Mizusawa. As of the episode Awaken Anubius!, Yuki owns the Legend Ver. variant with a darker Energy Ring and a black and blue Fusion Wheel as shown to the right.
Face Bolt: Anubius
The Face Bolt depicts "Anubis". In Ancient Egyptian civilization, Anubis was the God of many things such as the jackal-headed God of Mummification, Embalming, Afterlife, and Death. The design features the head of Anubis, looking to the left with his jackal-headed face. It is coloured in purple, but highlighted in yellow whilst printed on a translucent blue face bolt.
Energy Ring: Anubius
- Weight: 2.86 grams
Anubius is a translucent blue that is primarily two-sided. It features rounded sides but with a triangular-like spike between them. The rounded sides also appear to have a very small gap as well. It is very similar to the Pegasus Energy Ring. It is great when paried with the Vulcan wheel.
Fusion Wheel: Mercury
- Weight: 28.94 grams
Mercury has a resemblance to Vulcan, with it's two rounded sides and a medium-sized spike with a gap between each rounded side. With this, one may think that Mercury would hold powerful Smash Attack but contrary to this, Mercury has absolutely no Attack-Type potential whatsoever. Due to its light weight, it also is even lighter than Poison, another terrible Attack-Wheel by one gram. Luckily, it's heavier than the Torch Wheel. This does not give Mercury enough weight to pack any powerful hits, or hold it's ground against others, therefore, making it useless in Attack, Defense, and Stamina; Variares, Blitz, and Beat are much better for Attack.
Mercury is coloured a metallic blue with eight silver highlights on it's two sides, while it's inner part is a light blue. But overall, despite the the uselessness of Mercury to the current metagame, it is indeed quite a collectible part; for it is made up for its monetary value, and rarity. Mercury is not used much competitively due to the lightness of the wheel and the fact that it only comes painted so collectors do not want to scratch the design.
MF Vulcan Anubius H145XF/RF/R2F (attack)
Spin Track: 85
- Weight: 0.86 grams
85 is currently, the lowest Spin Track and thus, the best Spin Track for low attackers due to its Attack and Stamina capabilities. It is a top-tier Spin Track. However, its low height causes it to scrape the Stadium floor multiple times when it starts to lose Stamina. Due to this, some Bladers prefer to use 90 over 85. However, if placed with taller Performance Tips, like HF/ S or RF, it can avoid floor scrapes as much as possible. Although 85 can be countered with Spin Tracks like TH170 and 230, it still remains as an excellent Spin Track for Attack-Type customizations. However, Low-Attacker tracks like 85 have fallen into disuse with the realese of Flame Byxis 230WD and Hades Kerbecs BD145DS, as their spin tracks are basiclly immune to low attackers.
Attack: 3 - Defense: 0 - Stamina: 0
Performance Tip: Xtreme Flat (XF)
- Weight: 0.70 grams
Xtreme Flat is the second widest Flat Performance Tip currently available (first being GF). Xtreme Flat has fast and aggressive movement, equal to that of Right Rubber Flat. Although having more Stamina than Right Rubber Flat due to being plastic, it is not as fast as Right Rubber Flat, which is made of rubber, which gives it more friction with the Stadium floor. Nevertheless, Xtreme Flat is a great Performance Tip for Attack Type Beyblades, and is top-tier at that. The only downside of Xtreme Flat is that is is hard to control at first and combined with a low track may result in some self stadium-outs and lots of floor scrapes.
Attack: 6 - Defense: 1 - Stamina: 0
The Beast inside of Anubius is the jackal-headed Egyptian God of Mummification and the Afterlife, Anubis.
- Brave Impact: Yuki's first special move. Mercury Anubius releases the God of Mummification, Anubis, who hurls himself into the opposing bey, inflicting huge amounts of damage.
- Mercury Anubius 85XF - Brave Ver. (Red and yellow Fusion Wheel).
- Mercury Anubius 85XF - Legend Ver. (Blue and black Fusion Wheel).
- Omega Dragonis 85XF and Ultimate Meteo L-Drago Assault 85XF also include the 85XF combo.
- Mercury Anubius is the second Beyblade to be based on Ancient Egyptian gods, with Vulcan Horuseus 145D being the first and Divine Chimera TR145FB being the third.
- Mercury Anubius can be obtained in the video game, Beyblade: Metal Masters by using one of it's features to download data from it's predecessor,Beyblade: Metal Fusion.
- It is the only Beyblade owned by a Legendary Blader that doesn't have any 4D parts.
- It seems to have evolved but it does not have a 4D Metal Wheel like the other Legendary Bladers. It's actually just a recolor.
- In The Tenacity Of Hades, it was destroyed faster than the other Solar System Bladers Beys, along with Jade Jupiter S130RB.
- Hasbro released Mercury Anubius 85XF Brave Ver. on March 16, 2013. It came in a booster with no ripcord launcher, similar to the Hasbro release of Black Hole Galaxy Pegasus. It was only obtainable in tournaments in participating Toys "R" Us stores across Canada.
- The Hasbro package of Mercury Anubius 85XF Brave Ver. is misspelt "Anubis".
- This is the only Metal Fury Bey that was not released in regular retail.