Norman Tarver (ノーマン・ターバー, Nooman Taabaa) is a character appearing in the anime/manga series, Beyblade Burst Evolution. His Beyblade was Noctemis N3 3Hit Jaggy but it was destroyed by Spryzen Requiem S3 0 Zeta after the final battle with Shu Kurenai.
Norman has very pale skin and dark eye bags, along with sea green hair drawn up into a short ponytail, with a stray lock of hair falling over his face. He wears a blue trench coat with red accents and buttons, a bright yellow turtleneck shirt, and black gloves, pants, and boots.
As Gold Eye, he wields a black, horned mask with additional yellow horns and yellow lenses. He wears a black uniform and coat with yellow accents.
Like other Snake Pit Bladers, Norman aims to be the best at Beyblade. He is also arrogant and taunting, believing that he will win and gain the spot as champion. He is shown to taunt his opponent, such as underestimating Valt’s Bey upgrade. Norman exhibits pride after winning a battle, as shown as he often looks up at Theodore.
He is also shown to be an analytic, examining Blader’s strategies beforehand and studying before battling them. He also seems to be somewhat clever, such as not revealing his entire strategy to Clio Delon. He also watches each battle carefully alongside Theodore.
Norman is shown to harbor resentment and jealousy, such as Shu taking his high rank in the Snake Pit. This is shown when he glares as the latter walked by, and prepared himself to face him.
Later, during the International Blader's Cup, Norman appears as himself, competing in the tournament. He also informs Valt and his friends of his Snake Pit identity.
- Colossus Hammer: While in Colossus Mode, Noctemis attacks the opponent with a crushing blow because of the weight distribution of shifting the parts of the Layer together. This allows Noctemis to knock the opponent on the ground dealing more damage.
- Upper Crash: While in Upper Mode, Noctemis attacks the opponent with a move similar to an uppercut and usually knocks the opposing Bey out of the Beystadium.
|Beyblade Burst Evolution (anime)|
|Clio Delon||41||Win (2-0)|
|Cuza Ackermann||41||Win (2-0)|
|Boa Alcazaba||43||Win (2-0)|
|Valt Aoi||44||Lose (1-2)|
|Kurt Baratier||45||Lose (0-2)|
|Shu Kurenai||47||Lose (0-2)|
- “What makes you think we would waste our time with the likes of you?” - As Gold Eye
The two are often seen together. Norman has some respect for Theodore, mainly because he is the latter's second-in-command. However, it is implied that Norman isn't completely loyal to him; and chooses to go with his own plans.
Norman has a one-sided rivalry with Shu, due to the fact that the latter had stolen his position of strongest Blader in the Snake Pit. He is only interested in regaining the said spot. After his defeat, Norman seems devastated at his loss.
As they are both Snake Pit Bladers, Boa and Norman share an understanding of their situation and also a goal: to beat Red Eye. Both of them are critical of Ashtem and talk about this openly.
For a full gallery of images of Norman, see Norman Tarver/Gallery.
- He greatly resembles both Doji from the Metal Saga as well as the Joker from the Batman series.
- As Gold Eye, his skin is not as pale as much. However, when his identity is revealed, Norman is depicted with pale skin. This implies that he may have lacked sleep sometime before the tournament. However, this simply could have been an oversight.
- He was the first Blader in the International Blader's Cup, whose Beyblade, Noctemis N3 3Hit Jaggy, was destroyed by Shu Kurenai's bey, the second was Lui Shirosagi's Luinor L3 Destroy.
- It is unknown where he went after his battle with Shu, as he is never seen again.
- His birthday is on December 31 (New Year's Eve).