Omega Dragonis 85XF (Japanese: オメガドラゴニス 85XF) is a Limited Edition Attack-Type Beyblade that appeared in the anime Beyblade: Metal Fury. It is a dragon-themed Beyblade similar to the L-Drago beys owned by Ryuga, and is owned by Ryuga's younger brother, Ryuto.
Omega Dragonis was originally an anime-exclusive Bey that debuted in Beyblade: Metal Fury - Episode 18, which was broadcast on July 31st, 2011 in Japan, but was ultimately released in the Strongest Dragonis 4D Guide on January 20th, 2012 as a magazine-exclusive Bey in Japan. Hasbro release it first in Hyperblades Spark FX form in January 2013 and re-release it in the original color in the Beyblade Legends toyline in May 2014.
- 1 Face Bolt - Dragonis
- 2 Energy Ring - Dragonis
- 3 Fusion Wheel - Omega
- 4 Spin Track - 85
- 5 Performance Tip - Extreme Flat
- 6 Anime
- 7 Special Moves
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Video
- 10 Trivia
Face Bolt - Dragonis
The Face Bolt depicts Gamma Draconis, a star in the constellation Draco. It is also known as Etamin or Eltanin, which is Arabic for "The Great Serpent". The face looks just like L-Drago Destructor F:S's face but with huge wings. The design showcases Gamma Draconis, which is represented by a skeletal dragon looking to the right with its jaws open and showing its claws in a menacing demeanor. The design itself is white with an aquamarine hue while on a purple Face Bolt.
Energy Ring - Dragonis
- Weight: 2.9 grams
Dragonis is a translucent, light aqua blue that is primarily two-sided. Each side features diamonds like that of a gem, along with swirled arrows which also look like ice pillars. There also appears to be two linear diamond-like arrows opposite of one another. Dragonis also features white lightning bolt designs on purple decals, in reference as to how Omega Dragonis has the aptitude to conduct lightning in the anime.
Attack: 5 - Defense: 1 - Stamina: 1
Fusion Wheel - Omega
- Total Weight: 37.55 grams
- Weight: 12.5 grams
Omega's Metal Frame consists of three curved wings going in a rightward movement. Each wing leaves a wide gap as well. This gives Omega's Metal Frame a resemblance to Blitz and Wing's Metal Frame. Omega's Metal Frame is painted a metallic purple and also features aqua blue, black, and red hot-rod decals. You can slide the Metal Frame left or right for Barrage Mode or Assault Mode.
- Weight: 25.5 grams
At first glance, Omega's Core bears an uncanny resemblance to Storm due to their three-winged design along with a small gap between them, although Omega's are more slanted and go in a leftward movement. The wings appear quite thick and bulky, designed for high Smash Attack capability. It is a metallic purple. Despite being an Attack type bey, it seems to have good Stamina.
Since the wings curve in, Omega suffers from the same problems as Galaxy and Nightmare: covering their main Smash Attack points.
Viewed from below, the Core resembles the Lightning Wheel.
Attack: 5 - Defense: 1 - Stamina: 1
Spin Track - 85
Main article: Spin Track - 85
85 is the lowest Spin Track available and thus, the best Spin Track for low attackers due to its Attack and Stamina capabilities. However, its low height causes it to scrape the stadium floor when it begins to lose spin. Due to this, some prefer to use 90 over 85. However, if placed with tall Performance Tips, like HF/ S or RF, it can avoid floor scrapes as much as possible. Although 85 can be countered with Spin Tracks like TH170 and 230, it still remains an excellent Spin Track for Attack Type customizations. However, low-attacker Spin Tracks like 85 and 90 have fallen into disuse with the release of Flame Byxis 230WD and Hades Kerbecs BD145DS, as their Spin Tracks are immune to low attackers.
Performance Tip - Extreme Flat
Main article: Performance Tip - Extreme Flat
Extreme Flat is the second widest "Flat" Peformance Tip currently available, the first being Giga Flat (GF). Due to its wide surface, Extreme Flat has fast and aggressive movement, similar to Right Rubber Flat (R2F). However, as it is made of plastic rather than rubber, it has greater stamina and not as much grip. It is overall a superb Attack Type Performance Tip, and when combined with a low track such as 85, which it is often paired with, it makes a powerful low attacker combo.
|The Labyrinth of Mist Mountain||Debut||VS Big Bang Pegasis F:D = Lose|
|The Lion's Pride||None||None|
|EDunamis, Guardian of the Shrine||None||VS Jade Jupiter S130RB = Lose|
Omega Dragonis 85XF - Original Version
Omega Dragonis 85XF - Hasbro Legends Version
- Omega Dragonis is one of the 3 beyblades to have the 85XF combo, the other's being and Mercury Anubis 85XF and Ultimate Meteo L-Drago Assault 85XF.
- Omega Dragonis is a word play on Omega Draconis, a star located in the constellation Draco, upon which Omega Dragonis is based on.
- Omega Dragonis is the second Bey in the Metal Saga that is based on a dragon, the first being L-Drago.
- L-Drago most likely inspired the creation of Omega Dragonis.
- The Dragonis 4D Energy Ring features diamonds which is a homage as to how Ryuto is a treasure-hunter.
- Omega is the final letter of the Ancient Greek alphabet, used for "long O" and is often interpreted as the end of something. It is often used to make something sound "ultimate".
- Omega Dragonis can be considered the Metal Saga counterpart of Strata Dragoonfrom the Original Series.
- The real-life version of Omega Dragonis released by Takara Tomy sports a different colour scheme than in the anime.
- Hasbro has released this bey with the green colored energy ring and the silver fusion wheel that it has in the anime.
- The names of Omega's two Modes are the same as Blitz's: Assault Mode and Barrage Mode. They even appear similar in their corresponding Modes.
- In the pack of it, it says Omega Dragonis 85WF instead of XF.
- The color scheme of the Face Bolt seems to be blue and white instead of red and white like L-Drago.
- Omega Dragonis resembles an ice dragon, while L-Drago resembles a fire dragon. However, Dragonis' element is actually lightning, as seen in it's Special Move.
- It is very risky to use Omega with 85 because of too many floor scrapes.
- Even with XF, it spins for 2 minutes and 5 seconds in the video below, showing decent stamina for an attack type.
- Omega Dragonis is the lightest uncustomized 4D Beyblade.
- Omega Dragonis is the first and only right-spinning dragon based Beyblade.
- Omega resembles the Dark Fusion Wheel when spinning.
- Omega Dragonis is immune to Spinsteal unless the other bey has a wider friction than XF as in WD, SWD, BWD, W2D, RF, R2F, LF, LRF, RDF, CF, GCF, TB, GF, and especially B:D.