Rubber Flat (ラバーフラット, Rabā Furatto) or RF is a Performance Tip released by Takara Tomy. It debuted in Japan with the release of the BB-28 Starter Storm Pegasus 105RF on March 28, 2009, and in Western countries with the release of the Super Vortex Battle Set.
|Weight:||0.8 grams||Full Width:||15.82 mm||Tip Width:||5.55 mm||Full Height:||11.09 mm||Tip Height:||7.97 mm|
Rubber Flat (RF), as its name implies, has a flat rubber tip, with a small indentation on the base of the tip. Its tip is about the same width as Wide Flat (WF), and is the second highest Performance Tip next to Hole Flat/Spike (HF/S).
By using its wide surface area and rubber material, Rubber Flat has a large amount of traction against the stadium floor, resulting in a fast and powerful attack pattern that often renders itself useless by self-KOing the Beyblade it is being used on. To alleviate this problem it is recommended that RF should be worn down first before any competitive use.
Rubber Flat has three different molds: the original Takara Tomy mold, the Sonokong mold, and the Hasbro mold. Some of the Takara Tomy molds tend to spin around freely when twisted between fingers, due to the circular nature of the rubber that held the tip itself into place. However this problem was rectified by the Sonokong mold which flattened two opposite sides of the rubber that holds the tip itself into the plastic section of the Bottom itself. The flattened sides make it impossible to spin the tip freely, thus solving the problem. The Hasbro mold has a thick bar in the middle of the tip, securing the rubber.
The performance difference between the three molds is negligible, but it is likely that the Sonokong and Hasbro mold would be more sturdy by not spinning around.
The use of rubber and the friction it creates with the stadium floor does lower its Stamina in comparison to plastic flat tips such as F and WF, but this is usually not a problem as an Attack Type Bey's goal is to knockout the opposing Bey, and it also helps reduce the recoil of violent wheels such as Sagittario.
As such, Rubber Flat is a must have for competitive bladers.
- BB-28 Storm Pegasis 105RF
- BB-32 Hybrid Wheel Battle Set - Storm Pegasis 105RF
- BB-44 Random Booster Vol. 3 Stardust Pegasis - Storm Pegasis 100RF (Stardust Ver.)
- BB-56 Hybrid Wheel Custom Set Attack & Balance Type - Dark Capricorne 105RF
- BB-86 Beyblade Deck Attack & Defense Set - Cyber Aquario 105RF
- BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set - Pegasis 85RF
- BB-100 Random Booster Vol. 6 Killer Beafowl - Burn Escolpio 100RF
- BB-100 Random Booster Vol. 6 Killer Beafowl - Flame Cancer D125RF
- Big Bang Pegasis 105RF (Asia Model) (WBBA Event Exclusive)
- Big Bang Pegasis 105RF (Dream Pegasis) (CoroCoro Exclusive)
- Big Bang Pegasis Customization Parts Set - Rubber Flat
- BB-56 Dark Capricorne 105RF (Booster)
- BB-28 Storm Pegasus 105RF
- BB-28 Storm Pegasus 105RF (Beyblade Legends)
- BB-28A Pegasus Tornado Wing 2-Pack - Storm Pegasus 105RF
- BB-28B Super Vortex Battle Set - Storm Pegasus 105RF
- B-124 Cyber Aquario 105RF
- B-124A Burning Mirage 2-Pack - Cyber Aquario 105RF
- B-124B Metal Masters 3-Pack - Cyber Aquario 105RF
- B-164 Crushing Blast Barrage 2-Pack - Cyclone Aquario 90RF (Spark FX)