Massive (マッシブ, Masshibu) is a Performance Tip featured in the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-14 Starter Wyvern Armed Massive on September 19th, 2015. It later debuted in western countries with the release of the Single Pack Wyvron Armed Massive.
Massive features a ball shaped tip that sits at the standard height, akin to Defense, but differs by having a larger diameter, having three tabs instead of four and lacking the defensive ring. In theory, the wider tip would increase a Beyblade's Defense by having greater surface area and friction, however in practice, Massive lags behind Defense in almost every aspect.
Like other ball based Defense Performance Tips, the tabs around Massive are meant to act as brakes against KOs at the cost of Stamina by striking against the stadium floor, however, the larger diameter makes such contact rare, giving Massive weaker KO resistance than Defense.
The greater surface area of the larger ball creates a semi-aggressive movement pattern early in the battle, bringing a Beyblade closer to the Tornado Ridge. Due to the aforementioned weaker KO resistance, any Beyblade using this tip will become very easy to KO.
While similar to Metal Fight Beyblade's Wide Ball, Massive ultimately lags behind Defense in every category, having weaker Stamina and weaker KO resistance.
As such, Massive is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-14 Wyvern Armed Massive (translucent turquoise)
- B-22 Beyblade Custom Set Defense & Stamina - Ragnaruk Central Massive (translucent black)
- B-24 Random Booster Vol. 2 Evil-eye Wing Needle - 03: Deathscyther Spread Massive (translucent neon green)
- B9507 Wyvron Armed Massive
- C0599 Wyvron W2 & Odax O2 Dual Pack - Wyvron W2 Vertical Massive
- C0601 Wyvron W2 Vertical Massive
- C2332 Wyvron W2 Vertical Massive