- This article is about Wedge. For its SlingShock counterpart, see Performance Tip - Wedge-S.
Wedge (ウェッジ, Wejji) is a Performance Tip released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the God Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-103 Booster Screw Trident 8Bump Wedge on February 17th, 2018.
Wedge features a tall low angled cone tip made of metal, akin to a combination of Survive and Metal Sharp from Metal Fight Beyblade, that sits at a standard height. The Stamina of such shapes is further bolstered by the low friction of the metal which also theoretically increases the Burst resistance of any Wedge-based Combination. These features grant Wedge high Stamina potential, which would make it an excellent choice for Stamina Combinations. However, Wedge has two major weakness that make it a huge risk in competitive play, the low friction of the metal and the weight distribution of the Tip itself.
Due to how little friction there is between the metal tip and the stadium floor, Wedge is easy to Destabilize as well as Knock-Out. While the Tip may seem to be comprised mostly of metal and thus heavy to create a stable low center of gravity, the metal in Wedge is in fact hollow which limits weight. Furthermore, Wedge itself is unbalanced which creates erratic movements that increases Burst risk and drains Stamina.
As such, Wedge is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-103 Screw Trident 8Bump Wedge
- B-111 Random Booster Vol. 10 Crash Ragnaruk.11R.Wd - 01: Crash Ragnaruk 11Reach Wedge
- B-125 Random Booster Vol. 12 Dead Hades.11T.Z' - 06: Twin Nemesis 1'Hit Wedge
- B-158 Random Booster Vol. 19 - 01: Burn Phoenix Yell Wedge