- This article is about the Takara Tomy release. For the Hasbro release, see Prominence Phoenix P7 Tapered-Q TB16-Q+D05-10.
|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Prominence Phoenix Tapered Metal Universe-10 (プロミネンスフェニックス・テーパード・メタルユニバース-10, Purominensu Fenikkusu Tēpādo Metaru Yunibāsu-10) is a Defense Type Beyblade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Dynamite Battle Layer System. It was released as apart of the Overdrive Special Starter Set in Japan in October 9th, 2021 for 5940円.
DB Core - Phoenix
- Main article: DB Core - Phoenix
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Phoenix DB Core will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Blade - Prominence
- Main article: Blade - Prominence
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Prominence Blade will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it.
Armor - 10
- Main article: Armor - 10
Takara Tomy's 10 is an Armor with triangular shapes at ten points. This design creates a stable weight distribution and high Stamina, as its weight is evenly distributed among ten points. As such, it is highly versatile and one of the most useful Armors, and finds the most use in Defense and Stamina Type Combinations.
Forge Disc - Tapered
- Main article: Forge Disc - Tapered
Tapered is a round DB Disc with an ideal weight distribution for all Combinations. Its round design increases Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) and creates high Stamina potential. Its heavy weight also grants it high Attack and Defense potential. Its general shape and performance is very similar to Over, with the most notable difference between the two Discs being that Tapered has a downward sloping cone shape rather than the cylindrical shape of Over. Due to its circular perimeter, Tapered also has high Life-After-Death (LAD), although like other Discs that support Low Mode, when paired with standard height Performance Tips, it has a scrape risk.
Performance Tip - Metal Universe
- Main article: Performance Tip - Metal Universe
Metal Universe is the Metal Lock Driver version of the Universe Performance Tip. As such, it features a Metal Lock and a stronger spring, increasing weight and Burst Resistance. Due to the Metal Lock, a Layer's lock may be damaged if this Performance Tip is used.
Like Universe, it is a Defense Type Performance Tip that features a free spinning wide hemispherical ball tip with a free spinning outer ring. In theory, the wide ball tip would increase Knock-Out (KO) Defense by having greater surface area and friction. However, in practice the free spin of the wide ball tip reduces KO Defense. The free spinning outer ring is intended to keep the Metal Universe combination upright after being knocked off balance, as well as acting as brakes to prevent Knock-Outs. Compared to Universe, Metal Universe's ring and wide ball tip spin more freely.
Due to the large surface area of the wide ball tip, Metal Universe will typically circle around the ridge of the stadium when hard launched, resulting in a Self Knock-Out. However, this issue is not present in larger stadiums such as the Beystadium DB. This weakness means Metal Universe should only be launched softly in smaller stadiums, and use against Same-Spin Opponents should be avoided.
- Like its predecessors Revive Phoenix 10 Friction and Dead Phoenix 10 Friction, Prominence Phoenix's name is a combination of "prominence", the state of being important or famous, and "phoenix", a legendary bird made of fire that cyclically regenerates every time it dies.
- Due to being owned by a different Blader, the Prominence Phoenix avatar is a separate, altered variant than an upgrade of Revive/Dead Phoenix's avatar, noted by Prominence Phoenix's red metallic body stylized as a crest, a golden armor face, gold and white plating, a turquoise gem on the lower body, and flaming wings and tail extensions.
- Like Crash Ragnaruk 11Reach Wedge, Cyclone Ragnaruk Giga Never-6, Wizard Fafnir Ratchet Rise Sen, Zwei Longinus Drake Spiral' Metsu and Dread Bahamut 7Wall Orbit Metal Gen, Prominence Phoenix is owned by Phenomeno Payne as opposed to the first two Phoenix Beys being owned by Phi.