Prototype Nemesis (プロトタイプネメシス, Purototaipu Nemeshisu) is a Beyblade that appears in the anime and manga series Beyblade: Metal Fury. It was released by Takara Tomy with the Ultimate Bey Ta Stadium on October 22, 2011 in Japan.
Unlike most Beyblades, Prototype Nemesis lacks a Face Bolt and cannot be disassembled. Prototype Nemesis was first owned by King Hades in ancient times. During the events of Beyblade: Metal Fury it was obtained by Pluto and then Rago, who later evolves it into Diablo Nemesis X:D.
Fusion Wheel - Prototype Nemesis
A three-sided Fusion Wheel that is very sturdy and thick, with a resemblance to previously released Defense Type Fusion Wheels. It features skull designs and is silver in color.
Performance Tip - Prototype Nemesis
The 4D Bottom included with Prototype Nemesis the one of the tallest, featuring a height change gimmick with two different heights, 170 and 195. Twisting the base section of the Performance Tip changes the height, with the Performance Tip resembling Wide Defense. It is a dark semi-translucent blue in color.
- Proto Nemesis AD145D - Hasbro variant with Face Bolt and ability to disassemble (no magnets)
The primary purpose of Prototype Nemesis is not to be used in regular Beyblade battles, but rather in the included Ultimate Bey Ta Stadium. When placed in the spinning center of the Ultimate Bey Ta Stadium, magnets in the center and Prototype Nemesis' Performance Tip will connect, allowing Prototype Nemesis to spin indefinitely. Three AAA batteries power the motor of the spinning center. Prototype Nemesis can also spin in either spin direction, chosen by the user. Due to the magnetic force, Prototype Nemesis will rebound to the center even when knocked away; the goal of the Ultimate Bey Ta Stadium is to knock Prototype Nemesis out of the stadium entirely to prevent this.
- Although intended to be used with the Ultimate Bey Ta Stadium, and thus not requiring a regular launch, Prototype Nemesis is compatible with any right spin Beyblade launcher.
- Prototype Nemesis was shown to have left spin capabilities in the anime, but its evolved form, Diablo Nemesis, did not.
- In the anime, it is said that Prototype Nemesis cannot be held by a Legendary Blader; this is evident when Bao tried to hold it, and Prototype Nemesis threw him against a wall, despite Bao not being a Legend Blader himself.
- Even though Legend Bladers supposedly can't even touch it, Rago can hold it and has total control of it, due to being a descendant of its original owner, King Hades.
- The reason Prototype Nemesis lacks a Face Bolt is due to a pole-like section occupying the space where Face Bolts are normally screwed in.