|First Appearance (Anime)||None|
|First Appearance (Manga)||None|
|Beyblade Listing - Category|
Quetzalcoatl 90WF (Japanese:ケツァルコアトル90WF) is an Attack-Type Beyblade that could be obtained from a Bey Ta 1 machine by beating it, or by trading in five sub-license cards to the WBBA up until August 2009. It was also released with the March 26, 2010 re-release of Metal Fight Beyblade DS as a re-color, and is owned by Katol. It only appears in the video game. It is one of the 4-layer Beyblades without a Legend Version.
Face Bolt: Quetzalcoatl
This Face Bolt depicts the Mesoamerican deity, Quetzalcoatl. It's name came from the Nahuatl language and means, "feathered-serpent". The design features Quetzalcoatl's face roaring with the characters, "Q" and "C" of Quetzalcoatl below it, while printed onto a turquoise Face Bolt. It's DS version however, has the design showing Quetzalcoatl's face front with the characters, "Q" and "C" of Quetzalcoatl spaced out beside the face while tattooed onto a translucent purple Face Bolt.
- Weight: 34.2 grams
Quetzalcoatl was a limited prize Wheel, which can still be found today, but is very rare. The Wheel has Smash Attack capabilities, and was originally known as the only Wheel to produce Upper Attack. It also has a slight Force Smash, but is too light to perform it effectively. All of this Wheel's Attacks are moderate, which makes this Bey mediocre, so it has little uses. The Quetzalcoatl Wheel comes in two colors, sliver and, later, gold. The silver one is the WBBA limited Quetzalcoatl from a Bey Ta 1, and the gold wheel is a limited game bey. Although it is top tier, it is great fun using and can produce some fantastic and amazing stadium outs. Some useful combos : MF Quetzalcoatl 85/90RF/R2F. This is based off the fusion wheel Vulcan.
Attack: 6 - Defense: 0 - Stamina: 1
Spin Track: 90
- Weight: 0.9 grams
90 was released originally with only Quetzalcoatl, as being the lowest track available, this Track was widely used over the metagame when it was first released.
This Track was the lowest Track until the later release of Mercury Anubis which came with an 85, which outclassed 90 in most cases.
90 is still used today with various combos such as "MF Lightning L Drago 90RF", and some prefer 90 over 85, due to the worries about floor scraping, which can be a real problem if the wrong tip is used.
Performance Tip: Wide Flat (WF)
- Weight: 0.6 grams
Wide Flat, is a Flat tip which is twice the size of its counterpart, "Flat", Wide Flat is fast but has poor grip, and struggles to hold a flower -like pattern, it was used with one of the previous destablizers "MF L Drago 90WF", which is now outclassed, it still holds a few more uses.
Wide Flat used to be the widest plastic Flat tip until the later release of XF (Extreme Flat).
Attack: 6 - Defense: 1 - Stamina: 0
- Originally when Quetzalcoatl was in its previous stages it was designed to be named "Cancer".
- The original Quetzalcoatl's design seemed brittle, and looked as if it would be easily broken, but tests proved this thought wrong.
- The prototype version of Quetzalcoatl was never released.
- While Quetzalcoatl 90WF does not have a Legend Version, it does have a 4D version; Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF.
- It is strange that after it was created in the metal system, it was forgotten and left until Death Quetzalcoatl was created three series later.
- Prototype Quetzalcoatl 90WF - Prototype version that was never released. (Silver).
- Quetzalcoatl 90WF Gold Ver. - Available with the Metal Fight Beyblade DS - Sale Price Edition video game. (Golden Fusion Wheel with bronze and orange highlights, translucent purple 90 and WF, and a translucent purple Face Bolt with a Quetzalcoatl motif.)
- Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF- Beyblade Metal Fury 4D system bey.