Ronin Dragoon LW160BSF or Dark Knight Dragooon LW160BSF (ダークナイトドラグーンLW160BSF, Dāku Naito Doragūn Refuto Uingu Ichi Roku Maru Burēdo Semi Furatto) is a Sky Element Attack Type Beyblade that appears in the anime and manga series Beyblade: Shogun Steel. It was released as a Starter (BBG-16) on July 21, 2012 in Japan, and later in western countries as a Starter Pack (SS-16) in March 2014.
Shogun Face Bolt - Dragoon
Main article: Shogun Face Bolt - Dragoon
The Shogun Face Bolt depicts a European dragon, facing towards the left. The design of Dragoon is somewhat unusual, as the dragon's head is depicted with a short snout, similar to a dinosaur.
As with all Shogun Face Bolts, the Hasbro release of Dragoon is cross-shaped rather than the round diamond shape of its Takara Tomy Stone Face counterpart.
Warrior Wheel - Dragoon
Main article: Warrior Wheel - Dragoon
Dragoon is the only Left Spin Warrior Wheel, and can only spin left when used as the top Warrior Wheel in Synchrome. The Dragoon Warrior Wheel features three dragon heads, resembling the design motif of L-Drago, its predecessor. Two heads circle half of its circumference laterally, while one head is flat on top, offering slopes upwards by its lower jaw and teeth. Two webbed wings cover the rest of the design, with claws encircling the hole where the orb from the Element Wheel is inserted.
Dragoon is a top tier Synchrome System part, finding use in Attack/Balance/Defense/Stamina Type combinations. When used in a Synchrome combination as the top Warrior Wheel, Dragoon can deliver strong attacks, although the protrusions are small compared to other Warrior Wheels, and thus outclassed in sheer Attack power by other Warrior Wheels. However, Dragoon's Left-Spin capability gives it an advantage over other more powerful Right-Spin Warrior Wheels because it is not affected by "Zero-G Attacks", which attempt to sway the stadium in the opposite (Left-Spin) direction.
Its slopes can be used to attack opposing Beys and knock them away when used with low Spin Tracks, but this has not proven to be a reliable characteristic. Because of its heavy weight, it can handle recoil well when in Synchrome combinations with rounder, smoother or heavier Warrior Wheels, giving it use in Defense Type customs. Although its poor balance makes Dragoon seemingly a poor choice in Stamina Type combinations, the Left-Spin allows for Spin Steal, which can be used in Zombie Stamina-Type combos.
Element Wheel - Ronin
Main article: Element Wheel - Ronin
Ronin is a two-sided Element Wheel, with sharp studs on one half and an aggressively curved blade on the other. A slight, smooth slope is created by this blade in Ronin's design. Ronin can be fit on any Warrior Wheel, including Right-Spin ones. If Ronin is placed in Crystal Up Mode, the customization becomes Left-Spin.
When paired with Dragoon and other Warrior Wheels, Ronin can provide some Smash Attack, but like all other Element Wheels it is rendered useless because of its light weight compared to Synchrome combinations.
Spin Track - Left Wing 160
Main article: Spin Track - Left Wing 160
The Left Wing 160 (LW160) Spin Track is in most aspects identical to Wing 145 (W145), however with the wings facing left. The wings are intended to create down force for stabilization, similar to Down Force 145 (DF145) and Left Wing 105 (LW105). The tall height makes the "wing" protrusions susceptible to attacks from low-attackers, which will destablize the Beyblade. As such, Left Wing 160 finds the most use in Left Spin combinations used against Beyblades with taller Spin Tracks, such as 230.
Performance Tip - Blade Semi-Flat
Main article: Performance Tip - Blade Semi-Flat
Blade Semi-Flat (BSF) is a slightly wider variant of the Semi-Flat (SF) Performance Tip, mounted on a base with eight left facing "blades" around its circumference. Like Circle Flat (CF), the blades of Blade Semi-Flat are intended to interact with Zero-G stadiums, to help the Beyblade keep balance. While the blades create a miniscule amount of down force, the effects are negligible. In Zero-G stadiums, combinations using BSF are extremely difficult to knockout and the Peformance Tip has the ability to wobble for extended periods of time and sometimes regain its balance, allowing it to outspin opponents. When used in Left-Spin combinations, it is even harder to sway out of the stadium.
- Dark Knight Dragooon LW160BSF Gold Ver. - World Hobby Fair 2012 Summer exclusive
- Prior to being confirmed as Dark Knight Dragooon in Japan, it was originally known as Dark Knight Dragoon and caused much speculation with the main protagonist's Beyblade from the Original Series.
- The name Dragooon was likely to differentiate the two - however Hasbro changed the name to Dragoon.
- Ronin Dragoon is one of five Beys that pay tribute to the Original Series and the Four Holy Beasts (including the Yellow Dragon of the Center) of the Chinese constellations:
- Ronin Dragoon pays tribute to Dragoon from the Original Series, which was based on the Azure Dragon of the East.
- Guardian Garudas pays tribute to Dranzer from Original Series, which was based on the Vermilion Bird of the South.
- Berserker Byakko pays tribute to Driger from the Original Series, which was based on the White Tiger of the West.
- Bandit Genbu pays tribute to Draciel from the Original Series, which was based on the Black Tortoise of the North.
- Thief Zirago pays tribute to Strata Dragoon from the Original Series, which was based on the Yellow Dragon of the Center.
- This is the first Synchrome System Bey whose Element Wheel's Japanese name (Dark Knight) is made up of two words.
- It is the only Left-Spin Bey in Beyblade: Shogun Steel, and the only Left-Spin Bey that is not part of the L-Drago series.