|“||I do not regret anymore that it was born.||”|
Ryuga is a tall, muscular individual with a slim build and unique outlook. He has spiky hair of dual shades, while wearing a dragon crown with sharp eyebrows and even sharper eyes. He has quite pointed ears, as well as a small nose and mouth to complete his facial features.
Originally, Ryuga wore a ripped T-shirt under a torn and battered cloak; when he changed, he began to wear a black and gold tank top underneath a white lab coat, which is hooked across the top of his chest so it stays on while he doesn't wear it with his arms in the sleeves.
He wears black pants that match his tank top and are tucked into his boots, and also has a belt that has hooks for his equipment, including his Beyblade Launcher. Ryuga also has a unique Beyblade Holster he wears on his arm in order to recharge the incredible power of L-Drago.
At first, Ryuga was a ruthless individual who was brought up by the Dark Nebula to be the "chosen one"; the one who would use L-Drago to reform the world solely with its power. Due to his upbringing, Ryuga became overconfident and power-hungry, looking to crush any (and every) opponent, especially the Hagane family, which included Ryu and Ginga since they held Pegasus. Ryuga has no tolerance for weakness, so he will exploit this by crushing anyone; not even his teammates, such as Busujima and Tobio, are safe from his wrath. After Ryuga's defeat by Ginga, he reformed with a new L-Drago to become a much more powerful Beyblade, now looking to simply show everyone his power. Even though he would never admit it, Ryuga gained a deep love for Beyblade, as it was the only way he could prove that he earned his place within the world.
Ryuga was portrayed as an evil and merciless person to his few allies and many enemies. He loved to attack the Beys of his enemies until the Bey was utterly defeated; unlike Reiji, he was fine with leaving the beaten Beys intact. He also enjoyed terrorizing other Beybladers and, like his Manga counterpart, had a power-hungry personality; he despised losing a battle as well. He was cocky, thinking that he had the power to beat anyone else before him. In the finale, it was revealed that Ryuga's actions was caused by Lightning L-Drago's possession over him.
After being freed from the Dark Power, Ryuga obtained powerful knowledge about becoming one with a Beyblade and understanding its strength, in contrast to his power-hungry personality from before. Having regained control of his own mind with a new and more powerful L-Drago, Ryuga was now a stronger, more proud person who no longer stood as the face of evil. Instead, he decided to do simply whatever he liked instead of being on the wrong side of a conflict; he even decided to lecture Tsubasa in order to help him gain control of his dark power. Even so, Ryuga still had plenty of rage on the inside, as he was not very fond of Hades Inc., or Julian Konzern's left-rotating Beyblade. In the end, Ryuga stood with Gingka against Hades Inc. However, he wasn't doing what was right; instead, he just did what he wanted to get back at them.
During Metal Fury, Ryuga still follows the same ideals he had in Metal Masters, initially not joining Gingka and the other Legendary Bladers' fight against Nemesis in favor of his own personal gains, all while displaying the standoffish personality he has had ever since the start of the series. However, he begins to become more empathetic, allowing Kenta to follow and challenge him and even giving him his Star Fragment once the young Blader gains his respect. Considering how Ryuga treated Yu in Metal Fusion, ignoring him and basically leaving him to be destroyed by Reiji Mizuchi, one can see that this is a huge progression in his character.
Ryuga was raised by the Dark Nebula organization and was nurtured into becoming the owner of one of the first two Beyblades to ever exist in time: L-Drago. The Bey contained a dark power that the Dark Nebula desired to control; to do this, they decided to use Ryuga's skill as a Beyblader to dominate the world by destroying L-Drago's opposite, Pegasus.
Ryuga was a former member of Dark Nebula and the ultimate rival of Gingka Hagane. He was defeated by Gingka only once; for all of the other battles against him, Ryuga came out on top, making him legendary. He was the strongest member in the Dark Nebula, being the one who owned the Forbidden Bey. He was a Legendary Blader as well, specifically part of the Bladers of the Four Seasons as the Blader of Summer, where the power of Gaia was separated into the four seasons of Earth and the four Bladers, Gingka Hagane, Kyoya Tategami, Chris, and Ryuga. Ryuga represents the Season of Summer. He later gave his Star Fragment to his new close friend, Kenta Yumiya. Introduced as the main antagonist of Metal Fusion, Ryuga was affiliated with the Dark Nebula Organization, who aided him in the theft of Lightning L-Drago 100HF from Koma Village. This incident served as Gingka's character motivation when Ryuga abandoned his father in rubble after the first encounter. The power of the Forbidden Bey would start to influence Ryuga and eventually consume him, draining his energy and turning Ryuga into a monster. But after being defeated by Gingka, Ryuga would begin a journey of redemption and eventually tame Lightning L-Drago, becoming Meteo L-Drago LW105LF in the process. He mentored Tsubasa Otori during Metal Masters who was struggling with his dark power and even acted as a temporary reserve member during the Beyblade World Championships for Team Gan Gan Galaxy for their match against Jack of Team Star Breaker. During Metal Fury, Ryuga was revealed as a Legendary Blader, specifically one of the Bladers of the Four Seasons representing summer. He finds a travelling companion in Kenta Yumiya, who would become Ryuga's closest and only friend. The two traveled for a few times, battling in tournaments and such as well as being present when Nemesis was revived. After giving his piece of the Star Fragment to Kenta, L-Drago disintegrated and the Dragon Emperor himself disappeared. It is unknown whether Ryuga and L-Drago survived after passing on the Star Fragment to Kenta and Sagittario (with the latter having evolved into Flash Sagittario 230WD). In Beyblade Shogun Steel, Sakyo owns a Reverse-Rotation Bey, claiming that a Legendary Blader gave it to him, and his Bey looks like a dragon. Some think that it may had given to him by Ryuga, but it is still unknown whether he had survived or not.
Pegasus and L-Drago; Light VS Darkness
Ryuga's first mission would be to track down Pegasus' owner Ryu Hagane, before he could nurture his own son to become Pegasus' owner. Ryuga and his guide, Doji, tracked them down and assaulted Ryu in battle. Ryuga clearly outmatched Ryu, who would have his son escape with Pegasus while the cave they were battling in started to collapse. Ryuga and Doji would successfully escape, and they would later use new members of the Dark Nebula to track down Ryu's son, Ginga Hagane. One of the members, Busujima, tracked down Ginga but was defeated by him. However, his defeat led Ryuga to find Gingka, who was hiding out with Hokuto who warned him of the Dark Nebula. Ryuga decided to battle with Ginga in order to try and prematurely destroy Pegasus. Ryuga is far too overconfident, believing that Ginga will be weak like his father, but the Blader battles ferociously to avenge Ryo. With the intent of murder and killing in his eyes, Ginga suddenly gains the upper hand on Ryuga. Ginga's burning passion inherited from Ryo is enough to blast L-Drago back into a corner and near-defeat, stunning Ryuga into silence. After a striking blow to Ryuga's pride, he becomes furious and uses L-Drago's full power to strike down Pegasus, destroying it in one single blow. Ryuga leaves Ginga crushed by defeat and returns to the Dark Nebula to wait for Ginga to become stronger. The latter does just that by recreating Pegasus as Storm Pegasus; anticipating this, Doji would then create the tournament known as Battle Bladers, where the Dark Nebula would take out Pegasus once and for all.
Ryuga, accompanied by many new allies (that were hired by the Dark Nebula), entered Battle Bladers to combat Pegasus once and for all, but Ginga has rallied many allies as well. In the very first round of Battle Bladers, Ryuga would face Ginga's friend, Benkei Hanawa. Benkei was excited to battle Ryuga and rushed into battle with his Dark Bull. Ryuga realized that, in order to defeat Pegasus, he would have to take L-Drago to an entirely new level. To do so, he allowed Benkei to nearly destroy his L-Drago, to the point where he could finally have it reborn in the midst of battle into the new and improved Lightning L-Drago. With Lightning L-Drago, Ryuga is easily able to overpower Dark Bull and crush it along with Benkei. This injured Benkei which would, in turn, infuriate his best friend Kyoya Tategami, who would vow to take Ryuga down in Benkei's honor. Ryuga remained in the shadows until his next match arrived where he would be partnered with the Dark Nebula's number two Beyblader; Reiji Mizuchi. Another ally, Tobio Ooike, would be on the opposite team, partnered with another Pegasus owner; Sora Akatsuki, who also happened be Ginga's friend. Although Tobio wanted to help ambush Sora, Ryuga and Reiji both decided to destroy his bey and get him out of the battle quickly. Although Reiji wished to take on Sora, Ryuga cut him off and demanded the young blader to battle him. Sora displayed great skill and heart while taking on Ryuga, as the former was able to trade blows with his own Pegasus. Ryuga was surprised when Sora is able to gain the upper hand with his special move. Despite this setback, Ryuga taps into his true power in order to brutalize Sora in submission, defeating him with the Dark Power. This also ticked off Ginga, who had just come off a win against Dark Nebula members Yu and Tsubasa. Now in the final four, Ryuga would have to face a vengeful lion; Kyoya Tategami. For the first time in his life, Ryuga becomes worried as Kyoya plans to sacrifice himself by collapsing the stadium on top of his and Ryuga's Beyblades in an eternal tomb. Ryuga was lucky enough to escape, but would have to brutally defeat Kyoya in the process. This angered Ginga for the last time, who would easily defeat Reiji with a single attack, destroying his Poison Serpent in the process. Now in the final round, Ryuga would finally battle Ginga once and for all in a battle of Light against Darkness, with both brother Beyblades in hand. As their destined battle finally begins, Ryuga expects to bully and overpower Ginga as he's done to everyone else, but Ginga blasts him back with Storm Pegasus. Ryuga is shocked by Ginga's newfound abilities that handed down to him by his father, who recently appears to be alive. Enraged, Ryuga blasts back by fully tapping into L-Drago's power; however, Ginga is able to counter once again by using the spirits of all the Bladers who were hoping to stop Ryuga. With even more strength, Ginga pushes Ryuga into a corner, forcing him to be controlled by L-Drago's Dark Power in order to push out even more strength. Ryuga nearly destroys the entire stadium and everyone in it due to the madness that was driven from Dark Power within him. Ginga becomes furious and tries to attack, only to be outmatched by the Dark Power of Ryuga. The latter then unleashes his finishing move that covers L-Drago in a spinning wheel of darkness; it would cut Ginga and Pegasus to pieces if it were to connect. Ginga refuses to back down and prepares to take this threat head on; as he said, the power of his friends are there for him. Kenta, Sora, Ryutaro and Kyouya use their own Beyblades to halt the attack. Ryuga blasts all of them away and prepares to finish off Ginga, but Kyoya rallies all the Beybladers there into supporting Ginga, believing that all bladers must help to defeat the Dark Nebula. The power of all his friends, and all the Bladers who support him, enchant Pegasus with a new power; it evolves into Galaxy Pegasus due to positive energy. This new Pegasus is able to take L-Drago head on and send it back with incredible power, defeating L-Drago once and for all. Freed from the Bey's darkness, Ryuga takes his broken Beyblade and leaves the battlefield with his pride intact.
Big Bang Bladers
Ryuga trained during his absence, which was concurrent with the World Championships; thanks to this, he was able to unlock L-Drago's true power; one without darkness. He returned during Team Japan's battle against Team Brazil in the championship. Ginga was assaulted by the team before his match with their leader, Argo, and because of that, he was defeated. Since Team Japan needed a substitute, Ryuga used this chance to showcase his abilities. Ryuga made his dramatic entrance and challenged Argo himself in Team Japan's place. Their battle began with Argo barraging Ryuga's new L-Drago from every corner of the field. Little did the Brazilian know that the new L-Drago is able to absorb the attacks of its opponents and turn it into spin power for itself. Ryuga used this stored power in an outburst to defeat Argo's Ray Gil with ease. His dominating victory scared away Argo's partner and brother Ian to the point of forfeiting, giving Team Japan the win. Ryuga leaves immediately after the battle and embarks to America where Team Japan would next face Team America in the championships. Despite his affiliations to Team Japan, the only reason why Ryuga travels to North America was to track down the source of the Dark Power. He finds out that, under the siege of a man named Faust, the Dark Power was just a test for the development of the evil Beyblade, known as Hell Kerbecs. Ryuga goes to warn Ginga, but is too late as the Beyblade's owner, Damian Hart, has stolen the minds of all of his allies. Ryuga makes a pact with Ginga to work together in order to take down the evil organization orchestrating these events; Hades Inc. Upon reaching Hades Inc., Ryuga encounters Faust, the leader of the whole organization, and is challenged by him to a battle. Faust withholds a defense-type Beyblade called Basalt Horogium 145WD, a heavy Bey with unimaginable power. Ryuga is having trouble at first, as Faust has collected Meteo L-Drago's data and has harnessed it as his own. However, Ryuga rallies back and destroys Horogium and Faust with all of L-Drago's will and might.
Ryuga was the primary test subject to contain and control the power of the forbidden Bey, and he was put to sleep inside a capsule in the Dark Nebula Castle. Gingka's presence in the area allowed him to wake up, being the opposite of him. Gingka challenged him to a Beybattle when he confronted him as he was said to be the most powerful Blader of the Dark Nebula. They fought on the stadium often used by the Dark Nebula; thanks to his insulting and taunting comments, Gingka was easily distracted and furious. The negative energy casted from Gingka allowed Ryuga to replenish L-Drago's energy near-instantly; with his energy more than 100%, he won the battle effortlessly with his final attack from L-Drago. Ryuga's victory left Gingka in shock.
After his win against Gingka, Ryuga and Doji set out to charge Lightning L-Drago in battles. He battled Dark Nebula Bladers deafting him with ease. One day Doji takes Ryuga to meet a powerful, young blader named Yu Tendo in the desert. After he beats Yu Yu gets invited to join the Dark Nebula which the kid accepts. Yu wins the surival battle and creates a tournament called Battle Bladders'. Ryuga and the Dark Nebula arrive to they island where he confronts Gingka to let him know that the WBBA's battlebladers tournament is where Gingka will be able to receive his rematch if he makes it far enough to the finals. Doji also says that when Ryuga wins the tournament he will be the King of all Bladers. Ryuga starts to prepare L-Drago for it by smashing some rocks and winning a one hundred way battle (Benkei was included in those hundred). After beating a blader in a challenge match he ambushes Tobio Oike and Ryutaro Fukami right before their battle. He challenges both of them at the same time and wins. then he invites them to join the Dark Nebula and they accept. When the Dark Nebula finds out that Tsubasa is a traitor, he battles him. He is about to defeat Tsubasa with Dragon Emperor Soaring Bite Strike, but Phoenix interferes and saves Tsubasa.
The Dragon of Darkness
The tournament arrives in no time, with Ryuga accompanying Doji in most cases. His first match was with Hikaru Hasama, whom he easily dominated, infuriating Tsubasa. Later he is seen defatting the Dark Nebula bladers who failed in the first round and leaves Yu to suffer by Regii. In the second round Ryuga battles Tubassa next and ends with the same outcome after transfering Ryuga's own Negative energy onto Tsubasa, cursing him with the Dark Power.
With such a close match with Tsubasa, Doji feels concerned that Ryuga may not be able to defeat Gingka; as a compromise, Ryuga drains the negative energy from Doji's body instead, supposedly killing him.
In the semi-finals, he battles Kyoya Tategami and wins after an intense fight despite Kyoya's determination to beat Ryuga and win against GingkaWith his energy replenished, he continues to his final match with Gingka Hagane. Ryuga's negative energy overflows as L-Drago is able to possess Ryuga's body during the battle. Gingka's Pegasus sacrificed itself to destroy its dark counterpart, defeating Ryuga and destroying the Dark Power of the evil Bey.
The Dragon Emperor Descends
After his final match with Gingka, Ryuga went into rigorous training with Lightning L-Drago to rid himself of the dark Bey's control. He eventually figured out that L-Drago's evil was, in reality, created by its past owners. These owners were people filled with greed, malice, and hunger for nothing but power. Throughout time, these negative traits was formed into the dark power of L-Drago. Ryuga correctly deduced that because the dark power was created by humans such as himself, he should be able to overcome it. Through his training, he eventually became one with the Dark Power and both he and L-Drago were reborn.
Ryuga also finds out about the second Left-Rotating Beyblade, which was Julian Konzern's Gravity Destroyer. Irritated, Ryuga proclaims that he has the strongest and then proceeds to explain his rebirth to Tsubasa. Having enough of the European Team, he drags Tsubasa back to his teammates and confronts Gingka.
Ryuga challenges Gingka to a rematch since their last battle and they battle on the outskirts of town, forcing him to leave his team as they continue with their journey through the World Championships. Ryuga easily overwhelms Gingka; while declaring that Meteo L-Drago is the strongest left-rotation Bey in the world, he is disappointed that Gingka has yet to master Galaxy Pegasus' power. As Gingka's match with Julian draws near, Ryuga calls back his L-Drago and commands Gingka to leave, but not before telling him that he needs to master Pegasus' power if he wants to defeat a left-rotating Beyblade, as he disappears. Eventully Gingka beats Juilan thanks to Ryugas advice.
Ghosts from the Past
Ryuga followed Team Gan Gan Galaxy into the United States to further study Tsubasa and Gingka's progress. During his travels however, he was threatened by several hooded Beybladers. Ryuga used his hand to spin his Bey and easily defeated the Bladers who claimed to be from HD Academy. Impressed by Ryuga's skills, a mysterious hooded man then confronts him.
This man is revealed to be Jack of Team Starbreaker (the US team), who leads Ryuga to HD Academy for "testing", which was viewing L-Drago's left spin capabilities. Even though he participated, Ryuga only desired to face Jack, interested through all his talk, but Jack tells him that his bey is not completed yet. As a compromise, Jack offers Ryuga a match with Zeo Abyss as the next best thing.
Ryuga decides to battle Zeo, but becomes unimpressed by his skills. Even though Zeo tries his hardest, Ryuga easily defeats him and prepares to leave. He is stopped by Dr. Ziggurat, who tells Ryuga to cooperate with the academy so they could learn more about L-Drago and help finalize the Arrangement System.
In order to win Ryuga's trust, Dr. Ziggurat reveals that he was working with the Dark Nebula and originally used Ryuga as a test subject. However, in that one final offer to join the Academy, Ryuga becomes infuriated by Ziggurat's comment about his past misdeeds and responds by fiercely blowing a hole in the building with L-Drago, leaving in the wake of his destruction.
Ryuga is later tracked down by Zeo and several HD Beybladers who want to apprehend him and force him to be tested by the Arrangement. Ryuga prepares to fend him off until they are interrupted by the arrival of Gingka and his teammate Masamune. Masamune tries to help Zeo, but is stopped by Gingka, having realized that Ryuga is actually in the right; he then helps Masamune stop Zeo. Ryuga decides to leave the scene after warning Gingka to watch out for the US Team, already knowing that they're up to something.
Goals of the Dragon Emperor
During the World Championships, Gan Gan Galaxy was two members short, mainly due to Yu and Tsubasa's injuries sustained from the mysterious Damian Hart. Gingka was prepared to step up in the second match to face Jack, hoping to win two battles in a row by himself.
However, Ryuga was ready to gain payback against Hades Inc, so he chooses to interrupt the tournament by stepping up as Gan Gan Galaxy's replacement member. Masamune worries about trusting Ryuga, but Gingka reassures him that they've made the right choice, knowing that Ryuga is doing this for his own goals.
Because Ryuga is not of age and had yet to participate in the tournament, he is therefore eligible to step up and is thus given the green light to face Jack. Their match begins as Jack seems to already know what Ryuga is capable of. The latter is not moved by this, as he knows he has much in store for the artistic Blader.
Jack expresses his uncanny taste for art as he appears to unleash his abilities upon Ryuga. Jack also claims that Ryuga is too much of a "brute" to understand his beauty, but Ryuga remains calm as he waits out Jack's attacks one after another. Everyone begins to fear Ryuga's self-destruction, but after Jack releases all of his powers, Ryuga reveals that he was merely testing him to measure his strength and kicks his L-Drago into top gear. Ryuga releases his counterattack against Jack, who he feels is no match for himself. Though Jack becomes furious and fights back with the rest of his might, Ryuga stays confident that he cannot lose to someone who uses "pet food" to get stronger rather then true training.
Using his Blader's Spirit, Ryuga overcomes the odds and makes Jack into his own work of art, defeating him with the Dragon Emperor - Supreme Flight. After obtaining Gan Gan Galaxy's first victory for them and showing Hades Inc to not mess with him, Ryuga leaves without a word.Ryuga remains in America long enough to hear Ziggurat's announcement on the Spiral Force; interested, Ryuga moves in to stop him. However, the latter does not move quickly enough as he discovers that Hades City has already taken flight above the ocean, but this does not stop him as he uses L-Drago to infiltrate it. Once inside, he meets with Gingka at the very core of the city; he uses L-Drago to damage it while Gingka uses his Pegasus to transfer the energy into the vast reaches of space, stopping the core and saving the world together.
Search for the Legendary Bladers
Ryuga is first seen approaching two guards in Zarkan Island. While the guards would not let him in, Ryuga had other reasons. He used the power of Meteo L-Drago to attack the guards ferociously. However, a light beam from the Star Fragment hit Meteo L-Drago, causing it to evolve into L-Drago Destroy F:S. The villagers were frightened of L-Drago's amazing power and thus banished Beyblades from their entire village.
During Kyoya and Benkei's travels to the Zarkan Island volcano, they were confronted by none other than Ryuga himself. Ryuga challenged Kyoya and pinned the Legend Bey against a Legend Bey. Kyoya tries his best to push L-Drago into the volcano with his Fang Leone 130W2D, but fails and Ryuga easily overwhelms Kyoya.
After Kyoya's loss to Ryuga, Gingka battles him and then Yuki Mizusawa. Ryuga defeats them both even after Yuki shows off his true power as a Legendary Blader. After he claims three wins in a row, Ryuga leaves in order to search for the Legendary Bladers and become the strongest blader in the world.
An Unwilling Protege
Afterwards he won a bey tornment, Ryuga was confronted by Kenta. Kenta told Ryuga that he is a Legendary Blader, and challenged him to a battle. Ryuga easily defeated him, and seeing that Kenta was faking it, he left. Kenta asked him to help Gingka and the others, but Ryuga refused. However, Kenta followed him, and said that until he helps Gingka, he will keep following Ryuga. When Kenta was starving, he tried to catch a fish, but failed. To Kenta's surprise, Ryuga willingly gave him some food, but then told him to leave after eating. Kenta begins to cry loudly, and begged him to help Gingka and the others. When Ryuga asked why he is doing this, Kenta said that it is the only way he can help them: to convince Ryuga to help them. Interested by this proposition, he then told Kenta to keep challenging him, and see if the latter can really make him serious.
Ryuga later participated in "The Tower of Babel" Beyblade Tournament near the Mohenjo-Daro ruins. He randomly appeared in order to test his strength against several Beybladers at once. He was first confronted by Kenta, but he ignored him.
Ryuga defeated several Bladers with ease until he reached the top of the tower; he was soon followed by the other finalist, who was Tsubasa. The two battled once more as Tsubasa tried his hardest to make Ryuga fight with all his power, but failed. When Tsubasa uses his special move, Ryuga counters with his Ultimate Move, the Dragon Emperor - Life Destructor, and easily overwhelms the Shining Tornado Buster. After this, Ryuga was given the winning prize, but he crushes it with his foot and leaves unsatisfied.
Ryuga and Kenta arrive at the Beystar Island tournament where they are met by several other Beybladers, including Gingka. Ryuga and Kenta separated, with Ryuga running into his first challenge: a Blader known only as King. Ryuga and King battle ferociously, revealing that King is able to combat Ryuga on equal ground after revealing his Legend powers. An overwhelmed Ryuga only takes the win after using part of his full power. He later interputs the battle at the end of the tornment by trying to steal Chris,s Star Fragments power which he fails to do.
When Nemesis awakened, L-Drago began glowing. Interpreting this as the power of Nemesis calling to him, Ryuga started to head for its location. When Kenta realized what he was doing, he tried to stop Ryuga, who reminded him that he might fail like his time with Lightning L-Drago. Angered by this reminder, Ryuga throws him away, so Kenta challenges Ryuga. While he easily defeats Kenta without breaking a sweat, the latter's newfound durability allows him to stand up and challenge Ryuga once more.
Ryuga accepts and battles Kenta again, to the point where he becomes surprised by Sagittario's Diving Claw; he then counters with the Dragon Emperor - Supreme Flight. Ryuga wins, but he finds out that L-Drago's Face Bolt was cracked, revealing that Sagittario was strong enough to actually damage L-Drago. Ryuga leaves Kenta, but is surely followed by him soon after.
Ryuga appears again, interrupting a battle between Johannes, Bao and the Beylin Fist against Zeo, Toby and Benkei by using his L-Drago to clear a straight path into the ruins. He enters the ruins, and barges into the middle of Gingka's confrontation with Rago, Pluto, and Doji. While Gingka, Chris and Kyoya battle Rago, Ryuga enters the match and unknowingly creates Zeus' Barrier, which stops Rago in his tracks. Doji, an old enemy of Ryuga's, baits him into attacking Rago, destroying the barrier. The ruins then collapsed, seemingly trapping Ryuga inside. Ryuga was later seen at a cliff near the ocean, revealing that he somehow managed to escape. After having a flashback about Doji trashtalking him, Ryuga gets enraged and unleashes L-Drago on the ocean's waves, vowing vengence against Nemesis.
Ryuga reappeared at the Lost Kingdom of Hades, and challenged Rago to a battle. At first, Ryuga puts Rago on the defensive in their battle, but then Nemesis decided to retaliate. Despite Doji's many taunts, Ryuga refuses to give up and continued to battle Rago; soon enough, L-Drago was pushed to its limit, which forced Ryuga to use the rest of his energy, as well as his unwavering Blader's Spirit.
Ryuga summoned the Ultimate Move that he put his heart and soul into. However, Ryuga's last-ditch attempt was in vain; Rago overpowers him with Armageddon, and the Special Move obliterated Ryuga's hopes of winning. The battle dealt Ryuga a crushing defeat, leaving Gingka and the others horrified as they saw his unconscious body.
Ryuga then gives his Star Fragment to Kenta by launching L-Drago and circling Sagittario. This helped Flame Sagittario evolve into Flash Sagittario, thus making him one of the Legendary Bladers of the Four Seasons. After Ryuga gave up his powers, he and L-Drago disintegrated due to the fact that the Star Fragment was the only thing preventing this from happening earlier. After Nemesis and Rago are destroyed, Gingka thanks Ryuga for all of his help and pays his respects. Ryuga watches over them all from above with a smile, before looking on to the horizon.
Stepping Down from the Emperor's Throne
Ryuga wakes up during Kenta's battle against Rago and Nemesis. When Ryuga awakened, he told Kenta that there was a time when he had faced his challenge seriously.
While Ryuga did not make any physical appearances in Shogun Steel, he did make a few cameo appearances; he was either a silhouette or mentioned in a conversation. Ryuga is also thought to be the one who gave his successor, Sakyo Kurayami, the Bey Ronin Dragoon LW160BSF. He also appeared in a flashback where he was battling against Rago in Metal Fury.In the ending of Shogun Steel's Japanese version, at the last moment, a cloud that takes the shape of L-Drago can be seen, possibly hinting that Ryuga may return in any sequel to the series.
Due to only losing two official battles and having seven battles without an outcome, Ryuga is considered the strongest Blader throughout the entire Metal Saga, beating even Gingka Hagane twice, who is mainly called "the world's number-one Blader". His first loss came in the final round of the Battle Bladers tournament against Gingka and his second loss was due to Rago gaining some of L-Drago's power.
|Metal Fight Beyblade (Manga)|
|Sora Akatsuki and Tobio||14||Win|
|Beyblade: Metal Fusion|
|Gingka Hagane||14||Win (dream)|
|Dark Nebula Bladers||MF015||Win|
|Gingka Hagane||MF023||No Outcome|
|98 Tournament Bladers, Benkei Hanawa||MF035||Win|
|Tobio Oike and Ryutaro Fukami||35||Win|
|Tsubasa Otori||MF036||No Outcome (interrupted by Phoenix/Ryo)|
|Dan Sodo and Reiki Sodo||MF042||Win|
|Tobio and Tetsuya Watarigani||42||Win|
|Beyblade: Metal Masters|
|Sophie, Wales & Julian Konzern (Tag with Tsubasa Otori)||MM026||No Outcome (On Purpose)|
|Gingka Hagane||MM027-MM028||No Outcome|
|HD Bladers||MM037||Win X13|
|Sprial core (tag with Gignka)||MM051||Win|
|Beyblade: Metal Fury|
|Yuki Mizusawa||4D005||Win X2|
|Tournament Bladers||4D007||Win X4|
|"King Indus" Taru (Tournament Blader)||4D007||Win|
|Kenta Yumiya||4D032||Win X2|
|Benkei Hanawa, Toby, Zeo Abyss, Johannes, Bao, and Beylin Fist||4D035||Win|
|Rago and Pluto (Tag with Gingka Hagane, Kyoya Tategami, Chris and Dynamis)||4D038||No Outcome|
|Rago (Tag with Legendary Bladers (Excluding Aguma), Masamune Kadoya, Yu Tendo)||4D039||No Outcome|
- L-Drago 105F: The Twin of Pegasus, one of the first Beyblades ever created. It is Ryuga's first Beyblade in the manga, that he obtained from the Dark Nebula to help dominate the world and defeat Pegasus It is a powerful left rotation Beyblade with incredible attack power. Ryuga allowed it to be nearly destroyed by Benkei's Dark Bull so that it could be reborn into Lightning L-Drago.
- Lightning L-Drago 100HF: The reborn L-Drago that was born during Ryuga's battle with Benkei Hanawa. It is a powerful reverse rotation attack type with incredible attack power, endurance and speed. It was able to easily defeat the raw power of Dark Bull and outmaneuver the roar of Leone. It was eventually destroyed in its final battle with Galaxy Pegasus.
- Meteo L-Drago LW105LF: The true reborn form of L-Drago, and one remastered without the Dark Power. It was created after the destruction of Lightning L-Drago at the hands of Galaxy Pegasus. It is an incredibly powerful reverse-rotating Beyblade with amazing attack power and the ability to absorb its opponent's attack and turn it into spin energy for its own.
- L-Drago Destructor F:S: Ryuga's third Beyblade in the anime; it is the evolved form of Meteo L-Drago after getting hit by the Star Fragment. It disintegrated in Episode 148: An Inherited Light, due to donating its Star Fragment to Kenta's Flame Sagittario.
- L-Drago Destructor DF105LRF Gold Armored Ver.: A Bey that Ryuga owns in the manga. It is the evolution of L-Drago Destructor F:S.
- Dragon Emperor Soaring Bite Strike: Ryuga's first special move. Unlike most Special Moves, it is referred to as a "Dark Move".
- Dragon Emperor Soaring Destruction : Ryuga's second move in the anime. Like the Dragon Emperor - Soaring Bite Strike, it is also referred to as a "Dark Move". However, he only used it when he was under the control of L-Drago's Dark Power.
- Dragon Emperor Supreme Flight: Ryuga's third special move in the anime. He first used this move in Beyblade: Metal Masters against his battle with Zeo in The Plot Thickens, and then in The Dragon Emperor Descends effortlessly defeating Jack with it.
- Dragon Emperor Supreme Flight: Ryuga's second version of the third special move in the anime. It is inherited from Meteo L-Drago, and is thus more powerful than its original incarnation.
- Dragon Emperor Life Destructor : Ryuga's fourth special move in the anime. Unlike most Special Moves, it is referred to as an "Ultimate Move". He first used this move in Showdown! The Tower of Babel to defeat Tsubasa and his Earth Eagle.
- 竜皇天翔殺 Dragon Emperor: Soaring Attack:
- 竜皇絶命爪 Dragon Emperor: Death Claw:
- (Ryuga's first dialogue in the series) "Heee! Well, long time no see, Gingka Hagane!"
- "I'll say it a thousand times, your father couldn't cut it! If the father isn't tough enough, what do you think the son will be like? The same, so grovel at my feet like your father did!" (Ryuga to Gingka) (episode 13 "Metal Fusion")
- "However! I can't remember anyone taking so many of my direct hits without completely collapsing. I'll give you credit for that!"
- "You got it? KAPEESH!!!"
- "I don't get the joke!"
- "Playtime's over!"
- Who's joking, Doji? (Ryuga to Doji in Metal Fusion)
- "You're not an eagle. You're a...CHICKEN!!!!!" (Ryuga to Tsubasa)
- "More power for my L-Drago!"
- "Roar louder, L-Drago!"
- "DESTRUCTION! DESTRUCTION! DESTRUCTION! MORE MORE MORE! RAMPAGE! HAHAHAHAHAHAH! SACRIFICE EVERYTHING TO ME!"
- "Roar now, Meteo L-Drago!"
- "Cut it out!"
- "It's time to finish this!"
- "This is pathetic..."
- "You call that children's magic show the Dark Power? Don't make me laugh!"
- "That being said, I have gotten my hands on a new power. One that makes the old Dark Force look like a toddler throwing a tantrum!"
- "There is only one reverse rotating bey that may exist in this world. Only one! This Meteo L-Drago alone!"
- "L-Drago isn't satisfied yet. He needs more!"
- "Gingka. I will not allow you to lose to those fake Bladers the next match. Do you understand what I'm saying?"(Ryuga to Gingka in Episode 42 "Metal Masters")
- "Be careful what you poke with a stick, it just might bite you!" (Beyblade Metal Masters Episode 88)
- "Is that all you've got? This is my first battle in a long time, so could you try to make it more fun?"
- "The Dark Nebula has no need for frightened people!"
- "Don't get all misty on me. I just came to settle the score with a ghost from my past."
- "I'll make you hyenas regret what you've done!"
- (Ryuga has launched L-Drago at the Spiral Core) "What are you waiting for, Gingka?"
- "I alone managed to beat back the Dark Power, and succeeded in drawing out L-Drago's ultimate ability, and I harness the true power that I gain by putting my very life on the line to be the best I can be in my battles!"
- "In the end, you're nothing but a caged bird. Thinking you've become stronger from the pet food you were given, and believing you could defeat the Dragon Emperor. It's just hilarious!" (Ryuga to Jack)
- "Hey, clown boy!" (Ryuga to Jack)
- "I'm disappointed in you, Gingka! Did you really think you could face me when you obviously don't even know the power of your own Bey yet!?"
- "A new Star Fragment, huh? The Black Sun too? Very cool! So in order to rise to even greater heights myself, I will take control of it all with my own hands!"
- "How dare you, punk!?"
- "In the face of my reborn L-Drago, your Bey is the same as a little baby mongoose. YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!"
- "There is only one strongest bey in the world, and there is only one strongest Blader! The Dragon Emperor just is the Dragon Emperor! I will claim all the power in the world! That's the deal!"
- "Nonsense! This so-called Hades you saw was nothing compared to what I have gone through living in a world of complete utter darkness!
- "You have wasted a lot of my time!"
- "IMPOSSIBLE! L-DRAGO CAN'T LOSE!"
- "I will... not lose! Even if my opponent is a god, I will defeat anyone who stands in my way! Do you hear me?! My name is Ryuga! I reign over this world as the strongest, the Dragon Emperor himself!"
- "There's only place for one left rotating Bey, and that's L-Drago."
- "ULTIMATE MOVE! DRAGON EMPEROR LIFE DESTRUCTOR!"
- "That one time, it was only for a brief shining moment, I became serious. I promised. TAKE IT, KENTA!!!"
Main article: Ryuga/Gallery
- Like Ryuga, many members of the Dark Nebula Organization have a streak of hair a different color than the rest of their hair.
- It is possible that Ryuga owned a generic Beyblade before he obtained Lightning L-Drago.
- It is speculated that Ryuga was dead in the final episode of Beyblade: Metal Fury, because his spirit is shown in the sky when Gingka was thanking him for helping the defeat of Nemesis but it never was really confirmed. It also should be noted that Ryuga never died in the Manga. This belief is, however, contested by Sakyo Kurayami in Beyblade: Shogun Steel by him saying he inherited his Ronin Dragoon LW160BSF from a Legendary Blader, which could have only been him. This could mean that Ryuga survived his battle with Rago and simply disappeared of circulation.
- While having Meteo L-Drago, he often handspined his Bey at weaker opponents, instead of using his launcher. He did this to demonstrate his Bey's spin-stealing ability.
- Ryuga is one of the only few characters who had major roles in all 3 series whose clothes didn't change.
- Despite Kenta's efforts, Ryuga never went over to help Gingka, merely trying to take every single star fragment to make L-Drago "The True Dragon Emperor".
- Kenta once dreamed of Ryuga joining Gingka's gang, in the dream, he was seen smiling for the first time and had a friendly personality which made him to be seen in a new light.
- The only times when he actually lost his temper was when someone actually beat him, or reminded of the time when he had Lightning L-Drago.
- Meteo L-Drago LW105LF is one of the only Beys in the anime and the only L-Drago Bey that has not lost any battles as Lightning L-Drago 100HF lost to Storm Pegasus 105RF and L-Drago Destructor F:S lost to Diablo Nemesis X:D.
- The capsule Ryuga is in while in the Dark Nebula Castle could be seen as a type of Arrangement System.
- It is also evident that Ryuga has exceptional eyesight as he was able to watch the final battle of the World Championships on top of a building far away from the stadium.
- Ryuga can be also seen as the Brooklyn of the Metal Saga.
- His Shogun Steel counterpart is Sakyo Kurayami, it is possible that they are related because in Zero-G because Sakyo is said to have the spirit of Ryuga.
- Aguma can be seen as the counterpart of him as they have several similarities:
- Both have a bit similar hair style.
- Sometimes, both are very mean and impolite.
- It takes a lot of time to convince them to join the good side.
- Both have capes, although the style and color are different.
- Both are very powerful.
- They have similar style of eyebrow, although Aguma's is more bushy.
- They both share a dark attitude.
- Creator of the original manga series explained that Ryuto refers to Ryuga as "Brother", because they are from the same dragon clan..
- There are several hints in Beyblade: Shogun Steel that Ryuga may still be alive in the anime, because Sakyo claims he inherited Ronin Dragoon LW160BSF from a Legendary Blader. This claim could also suggest that he had learned how to create Beyblades, and made Dragoon using his own L-Drago as a basis.
- There has been no physical appearance by Ryuga though in the season.
- All of his special moves start with the words "Dragon Emperor".
- He is one of the few characters to have his Bey's spirit change forms, others being Reiji Mizuchi and Chao Xin, after customizing his Beyblade into Poison Virgo.
- It is possible that Ryuga has the ability of teleportation. This is shown when he somehow managed to get to the Spiral Core and the lost kingdom of Hades, seemingly without any means of transport. Also, in Metal Fury, he seems to appear and disappear by using bolts of red lightning.
- This could also explain how Ryuga could still be alive and the way he disappeared made it look like he died. Also, his presumed passing was much like Storm Pegasus' in Metal Fusion, to which Ryo told Gingka, "Once it has rested its wings somewhere, there is a good chance that it'll regain its strength and return." This shows that Ryuga will (or at least eventually) return as well.
- Ryuga is one of only two Bladers to have a Dark Move instead of a Special Move. The other one is Reiji.
- In the manga, Ryuga is still alive in Metal Fight Beyblade Shogun Steel (Zero-G) manga.
- Ryuga's given name roughly translates to "Dragon Fang", most probably as a reference to his character.
- He and Doji are the only characters from Metal Fusion who didn't show up in the final picture of Blader's Spirit.
- There's a theory, that Ryuga ins't dead, it proves that Sakyo has inherited the Dragoon from a legendary Blader as well as Zyro Kurogane.
- Ryuga shares a lot of similarities with Lui Shirosagi:
- Both have an attack type beyblade.
- Both of their beys are based on dragons.
- Both have a very bad temper and have fierce rivalries with the main protagonists: Lui and Valt, Ryuga and Gingka.
- Ryuga and Lui both get a character development, as the season progresses.
- Ryuga and Lui both have a bad temper, especially if they lose a battle.
- Ryuga and Lui both use left-spinning beys.