The Synchrome Technology (Japanese: シンクロームシステム, Synchrom System) is the special feature of Beyblade: Shogun Steel Beybattle Tops. This iteration of the Performance Top System consists of five components in total; these being the Stone Face Bolt, Warrior Wheel, Element Wheel, Spin Track, and Performance Tip.
While the Beyblade structure follows the same format of the usual Performance Top System, Synchrome Tech Beys feature a unique Fusion Wheel design and assembly that enables Bladers to alternate between either Wheel type by flipping over the assembled Wheel. The following descriptions outline the basic summary of each combat mode as they depicted by Takara-Tomy:
- "Chrome Up Mode" (Japanese: クロムアップモード): The battle mode using the die-cast metal Warrior Wheel. Considered the default mode for this system.
- "Crystal Up Mode" (Japanese: クリスタルアップモード): The battle mode using the crystal-like, colored polycarbonate Element Wheel.
- "Synchrome" (Japanese: シンクローム): The battle mode using two (2) Warrior Wheels.
Incidentally, these battle modes were featured in the Nintendo 3DS game "Beyblade: Evolution".
List of Components
Shogun Face Bolt
- The Shogun Face Bolt (Japanese: ストーンフェイス, Stone Face) retains the same function as the classic "Face Bolt" of previous systems. It is shaped as a screw that essentially, screws the whole Bey together. Therefore, keeping it together, so as to not become loose and break apart during battle. It also carries a design or "motif" of the Beyblade it represents. However, new to Shogun Steel, is that now, the Faces are diamond-shaped, with the motif appearing on a colored "diamond" while held together by a circular plate. The screw part of a Shogun Face Bolt is longer than a Face Bolt's. Other than that, there is no other difference between the Faces.
- The Warrior Wheel (Japanese: クロームホイール, Chrome Wheel) is the metal component of the BeyBattle Top's Fusion Wheel. Alongside an Element Wheel (or another Warrior Wheel), this component determines how the Beyblade top engages another Bey in battle. Warrior Wheels reflects a mythological creature and feature an asymmetrical design.
- The Element Wheel (Japanese: クリスタルホイール, Crystal Wheel) is the plastic component of the BeyBattle Top's Fusion Wheel. This component functions along with the Warrior Wheel in how the Beyblade top engages another Beyblade top in battle and feature a "crystal" stud that designates the Beyblade's elemental Attribute.
- The Spin Track (Japanese: トラック, Track) determine the height of the Beyblade and come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Some Spin Tracks feature design elements for various gimmicks or enhanced combat functions.
- The Performance Tip (Japanese: ボトム, Bottom) determines how the Beyblade moves in the Stadium and come in a variety of shapes and styles (e.g. rubber, metal, etc.). Due to the radical change and design of Beystadiums in Shogun Steel, some Performance Tips feature gimmicks (such as CF [Circle Flat]) to increase their effectiveness.