- This article is about the Takara Tomy release. For the Hasbro release, see Triumph Dragon D6 Armed Charge Metal-SPM.
Tempest Dragon Charge Metal 1A (テンペストドラゴン・チャージメタル・1A, Tenpesuto Doragon Chāji Metaru 1A) is an Attack Type Beyblade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Superking Layer System. It was released in Japan on August 8th, 2020 for 4180円 as a part of the Superking Triple Booster Set. It is the evolution of Imperial Dragon Ignition'.
Superking Chip - Dragon
- Main article: Superking Chip - Dragon
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Dragon Superking Chip will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Ring - Tempest
- Main article: Ring - Tempest
Takara Tomy's Tempest is a right-spin Attack-Type Ring that features Awakening blades as its main gimmick. Tempest features two front golden blades as well as two rear upper blades, similar to its predecessor, Ace, but the two rear upper blades are stickered with rainbow stickers instead of Ace Dragon's terra cotta stickers, a symbol of its iconic move, Rainbow-Flux. As a part of the Dragon line, it features transformability just like the Imperial Base, with it being able to transform into its Bound Mode and later into its Ultimate Form. Tempest features 4 bound blades. In Bound Mode, the wings are hidden beneath the Ring, the long bound blades are spring loaded, and can be used to perform bound attacks, similar to God Valkyrie's spring blades. To enter Awakened Mode, the front short bound blades have to be pushed out and will lock in places. When the two front blades have been pushed out, the rear long bound blades will follow along and lock in place with the front short bound blades due to its internal mechanisms. However, the two front bound blades are not connected with each other and can only be pushed out individually. In Awakened Mode, the Tempest Ring features a much more aggressive design compared to Tempest in Bound Mode. In theory, this was supposed to drastically increased Tempest's Attack power. However in real life, the bound blades do not have enough Attack power to consistently knock out its opponents, a must have ability for a competitive Attack type ring. Plus, the bound blades would be pushed back to bound mode if the front bound blade creates a heavy impact against its opponent, meaning that its Attack power is limited. Furthermore, the rear bound blades do not feature designs as aggressive as the front bound blades, and the front bound blades have limited Attack power due to the possibility of being pushed back into Bound Mode.
Despite being advertised as an Attack Ring, Tempest's real potential lies in Stamina and Stamina-Defense hybrid combinations. In Bound Mode, Tempest has an extremely round shape, the rear long bound blades can somehow nullify attacks due to its spring loading gimmick. Besides, Tempest is more heavier than other rings that excel in Stamina and Defense combos such as World, Infinite (with the Infinite Shield) or Curse, which increases its endurance capabilities and stability. Tempest is also usable in Balance type combos, but it excels in Stamina combos.
Chassis - 1A
- Main article: Chassis - 1A
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's 1A Chassis will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Performance Tip - Charge Metal
- Main article: Performance Tip - Charge Metal
In-depth information for the Charge Metal Performance Tip will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
- Like its predecessors Ace Dragon Sting Charge Zan, Grand Dragon Sting Charge Zan, Rock Dragon Sting Charge Zan, Imperial Dragon Ignition' and Master Dragon Ignition', Tempest Dragon's name and avatar are based on the word "tempest", a term used for a violent wind storm, and "dragon", a mythical monster with a reptilian appearance.
- Tempest Dragon's avatar is an upgrade of Ace/Grand/Rock & Imperial Dragon's with alterations:
- The white fur on the snout is gone.
- The face is completely smooth.
- Each temple has a dark-blue/red/silver color scheme above each eye.
- The blade on each cheek is large and smooth.
- There are three red nails on each side of the thorax collarbone region.
- The crest on the chest has been replaced with a six-winged emblem with a red gem on the center (the red gem represents the red core on the Dragon Superking Chip).
- The white hair on the underside also grew and extends to the chest.
- The chest sports a large red nail on each side.
- The scale pattern on the upper arms have changed.
- The white hair on the tail's tip has decreased.
- And the wings have drastically changed: the main wings have gold armor, dark-blue extensions, and silver patagia, the twin blades on each have shifted pattern, the middle blades has a reverse color scheme from Imperial Dragon's and appear more wing-like, and the two lower blades are prism-based, glowing the colors of the rainbow (an ode to the Rainbow Turbo move).
- This Beyblade reuses the 1A Chassis from Super Hyperion Xceed 1A.
- This is also the first main Superking release to reuse a Chassis.