Tempest Dragon Charge Metal 1A (テンペストドラゴン・チャージメタル・1A, Tenpesuto Doragon Chāji Metaru 1A) is an Attack Type Beyblade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Superking Layer System. It was released in Japan on August 8th, 2020 for 4180円 as a part of the Superking Triple Booster Set. It is the evolution of Imperial Dragon Ignition'.
Superking Chip - Dragon
Main article: Superking Chip - Dragon
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Dragon Superking Chip will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Ring - Tempest
Main article: Ring - Tempest
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Tempest Ring will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Chassis - 1A
Main article: Chassis - 1A
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's 1A Chassis will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Performance Tip - Charge Metal
Main article: Performance Tip - Charge Metal
In-depth information for the Charge Metal Performance Tip will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
- Like its predecessors Ace Dragon Sting Charge Zan, Grand Dragon Sting Charge Zan, Rock Dragon Sting Charge Zan, Imperial Dragon Ignition' and Master Dragon Ignition', Tempest Dragon's name and avatar are based on the word "tempest", a term used for a violent wind storm, and "dragon", a mythical monster with a reptilian appearance.
- Tempest Dragon's avatar is an upgrade of Ace/Grand/Rock & Imperial Dragon's with alterations:
- The white fur on the snout is gone.
- The face is completely smooth.
- Each temple has a dark-blue/red/silver color scheme above each eye.
- The blade on each cheek is large and smooth.
- There are three red nails on each side of the thorax collarbone region.
- The crest on the chest has been replaced with a six-winged emblem with a red gem on the center (the red gem represents the red core on the Dragon Superking Chip).
- The white hair on the underside also grew and extends to the chest.
- The chest sports a large red nail on each side.
- The scale pattern on the upper arms have changed.
- The white hair on the tail's tip has decreased.
- And the wings have drastically changed: the main wings have gold armor, dark-blue extensions, and silver patagia, the twin blades on each have shifted pattern, the middle blades has a reverse color scheme from Imperial Dragon's and appear more wing-like, and the two lower blades are prism-based, glowing the colors of the rainbow (an ode to the Rainbow Turbo move).
- Tempest Dragon is the first main Superking release to reuse a Chassis, as it does reuse the 1A Chassis from Super Hyperion Xceed 1A.
- Tempest Dragon utilizes a blue 1A Chassis.