Type (Japanese: タイプ or 型) refers to the 4 categories used to classify the combat properties and characteristics of a Beyblade and its parts by their primary behavior in battle.
The concept of Types provide players with archetypes upon which they can select or build a Beyblade that suits their individual playing style and combat preference. Becoming familiar with these Types can prove valuable to a player's strategy as a thorough knowledge of parts can assist in Beyblade customization and general battle strategy. This knowledge can also be invaluable in identifying the parts used in the customization of an opponent's Beyblade during inspection before a match. Below is a simple description of each of the basic types and their characteristics.
This section elaborates upon the defining characteristics of each of the 4 Types.
Attack Type (Japanese: アタックタイプ, 攻撃型)
Stamina Type (Japanese: スタミナタイプ, 持久型)
Defense Type (Japanese: ディフェンスタイプ, 防御型)
Balance Type (Japanese: バランスタイプ, バランス型).
- While the term "Balance Type" has been the official term used for Takara Tomy Beyblade products since induction, Hasbro originally used the terms "Combination Type" and "Combo Type" to classify this Type of Beyblade. This practice only occurred during their original international and localized distribution until the end of production of their Hard Metal System toyline. With the release of their 2nd Generation Beyblades, Hasbro has since adopted "Balance Type" as the official term.
All Beyblades typically share a type compatibility (Japanese: タイプ相性) with one another via their Type classification. This determines their overall advantage (Japanese: 有利) in a match-up depending on their customization in comparison to their opponent's.
Names In The Languages
- Attack Type • Attaque • Ataque • 어택 타입
- Stamina Type • Résistance • Resistencia • Resistência • 스태미너 타입
- Defense Type • Défense • Defensa • Defesa • 디펜스 타입
- Balance Type • Équilibre • Equilibrio • Equilíbrio • 밸런스 타입