- This article is about the Takara Tomy release. For the Hasbro release, see Union Achilles A5 Convert Xtender-H.
|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Union Achilles Convert Xtend+ Retsu (ユニオンアキレス・コンバート・エクステンドプラス・烈, Yunion Akiresu Konbāto Ekusutendo Purasu Retsu) is a Balance Type Beyblade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Gatinko Layer System. It was released as a Booster in Japan on September 21st, 2019 for 1296円. It is the evolution of Cho-Z Achilles 00 Dimension and later evolves into Infinite Achilles Dimension' 1B.
Gatinko Chip - Achilles
Main article: Gatinko Chip - Achilles
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Achilles Gatinko Chip will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Layer Weight - Retsu
Main article: Layer Weight - Retsu
Retsu has three hexagons, one on the right side and two on the left side. That means most of the weight will be concentrated on one side of the Beyblade the Retsu weight is on. Also, the Retsu weight's hexagons don't have that much detail, they are just basic, thus having less weight than detailed weights like Sen and Goku. Being that the weight of Retsu is low compared to more-detailed layer weights stated in the previous sentence, Retsu is heavily outclassed and has no use in combinations.
Layer Base - Union
Main article: Layer Base - Union (Takara Tomy)
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Union Layer Base will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Forge Disc - Convert
Main article: Forge Disc - Convert (Takara Tomy)
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Convert Forge Disc will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Performance Tip - Xtend+
Main article: Performance Tip - Xtend+
Xtend+ is an add-on to the Xtend Performance Tip. Unlike its predecessor, Xtend+ does not feature a manual height change gimmick but instead features the adjustable Xtend Chip (エクステンドチップ, Ekusutendo Chippu) tip at a standard height with three settings; Attack, Defense and Stamina, akin to X Drive from Metal Fight Beyblade.
The Attack Setting features a wide, hollow flat tip, wider than Assault and akin to Zephyr at the standard height of most Performance Tips. Due to the surface area of this setting, Xtend+ will create a highly aggressive movement pattern with speeds greater than Assault. However, the wide diameter of the tip makes it difficult to maintain a banking pattern and creates relatively low Stamina, making the setting ill-suited for both traditional Attack and Tornado Stalling Combinations.
The Defense Setting features a low angle, stepped cone tip, akin to X Drive's Stern Semi Defense at the standard height of most Performance Tips. Due to the stepped cone, when an Xtend+ Combination is struck and reaches higher on the Stadium's slope, the flat edge of the tip will create a second point of contact, briefly increasing friction and aggression to both slow down the Combination and counter attack. However, due to the edge of the tip being made of plastic rather than rubber like in Unite and smooth rather than tabbed like in Defense, the effect of the second point of contact is minimal, creating poor Knock-Out Resistance.
The Stamina Setting features a low angle cone tip, akin to Trans' Stamina Setting at a lower height than most Performance Tips. Due to the low friction, Xtend+ creates acceptable Stamina. Of the three settings, Stamina has the best performance.
- Like the namesake of its predecessors Z Achilles 11 Xtend, Z Achilles 11 Xtend+ and Cho-Z Achilles 00 Dimension, Union Achilles' name is based on the word "union", the action of joining or being joined, and Achilles, a Greek hero who fought in the Trojan War and was the greatest warrior and central character in Homer's Iliad.
- The face on Union Achilles' Gatinko Chip is a side view like the face on the Z Achilles Energy Layer.
- Union Achilles' avatar is an upgrade version of Z/Cho-Z Achilles with several alterations:
- Achilles' helmet has a more "V" style design and sports wings on each side.
- The pauldrons are more pointed and lack openings.
- Its faceplate is now pure red.
- The "V" crest on the chest is larger.
- The thigh armor is enclosed around the inner thigh area.
- The shin guards have wings.
- The shield regains a gold border and sports a different style.
- And the sword's blade is longer with an original lining and red accents.
- With the Union Sword attached to the Union Base, the sword's base of Union Achilles' avatar turns blue, the red accents combine to form a golden accent, the wing hilts open up, and the blade emits a blade-style blue aura.
- This Beyblade reuses the following parts from previous Beyblades:
- This is the first protagonist Beyblade to reuse parts.
- In the English episodes of Rise, Union Achilles keeps its Japanese name, but 'Union' was changed to 'Unison' in the names of its special moves.
- Union Achilles is the fifth of seven Beys in Beyblade Burst Rise to retain its original name in both the Japanese and English Versions of the anime; the others being Ace Dragon, Wizard Fafnir, Rock Dragon, Judgement Joker, Prime Apocalypse, and Master Dragon.