- This article is about the Takara Tomy release. For the Hasbro release, see Vanish Fafnir F7 Tapered-Q Xtend+-Q+Kick-3.
|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Kick-3 (ヴァンイッシュファブニル・テーパード・キック-3, Vanisshu Fabunīru Tēpādo Kikku-3) is a Stamina Type Beyblade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Dynamite Battle Layer System. It was released as a Booster in Japan on May 29th, 2021 for 1650円. It is the evolution of Mirage Fafnir Nothing 2S.
DB Core - Fafnir
- Main article: DB Core - Fafnir
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Fafnir DB Core will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Blade - Vanish
- Main article: Blade - Vanish (Takara Tomy)
Takara Tomy's Vanish is a round Left-Spin Stamina Type Blade with three dragon heads akin to its predecessors in the Fafnir Energy Layer line. Like its predecessors, Vanish has a "F" formed by the area between each of the dragon heads, meant to represent Fafnir. Unlike other Blades, Vanish is completely made of rubber, which is intended to increase its Spin Steal capabilities by making all contact points rubber. Between each of the plastic dragon heads are flexible blades with holes that are intended for shock absorption; when an opponent collides with that particular section, the rubber flexes inwards, absorbing the impact. The thick round shape and rubber composition creates superb Stamina performance against both Same-Spin and Opposite-Spin opponents, which is further enhanced by its Spin Steal capabilities.
Armor - 3
- Main article: Armor - 3
Takara Tomy's 3 is an Armor with three main blades and small ridges between them. This three-sided design works well with three-sided Blades, finding use in Attack Combinations. While the 9 Armor offers a similar shape and superior Stamina, 3 still provides high performance, and is a welcome option if 9 is unavailable.
Forge Disc - Tapered
- Main article: Forge Disc - Tapered
Tapered is a round DB Disc with an ideal weight distribution for all Combinations. Its round design increases Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) and creates high Stamina potential. Its heavy weight also grants it high Attack and Defense potential. Its general shape and performance is very similar to Over, with the most notable difference between the two Discs being that Tapered has a downward sloping cone shape rather than the cylindrical shape of Over. Due to its circular perimeter, Tapered also has high Life-After-Death (LAD), although like other Discs that support Low Mode, when paired with standard height Performance Tips, it has a scrape risk.
Performance Tip - Kick
- Main article: Performance Tip - Kick
In-depth information for the Kick Performance Tip will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
- Like its predecessors Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing, Geist Fafnir 8' Absorb, Geist Fafnir 8'Proof Absorb, Wizard Fafnir Ratchet Rise Sen, and Mirage Fafnir Nothing 2S, Vanish Fafnir's name is based off of Fafnir, a son of the dwarf king Hreidmar, in Norse mythology. Fafnir was cursed by Andvari's ring and gold, turning him into a dragon, which is enforced by Fafnir's dragon avatar.
- The 'Vanish' portion refers to the ability of disappearing suddenly and completely without any trace.
- Vanish Fafnir's avatar is an upgrade version of Mirage Fafnir's with alterations:
- A sleeker body frame.
- A sleek head with silver antler horns, two eyes, a green gem on the forehead, and a cyan streak on each side of the mandible.
- The golden scales on the body becomes more armor-like and segmented.
- The brown parts on the claws are now gray.
- The blue spines on the wings, back and tail are light-blue and luminescent.
- The wings are reduced to two and larger.
- The chest now sports a green gem on each pectoral region.
- The waist region now has gray parts.
- The plate gem on each knee is larger.
- The tail is fully golden.
- And each wing and the tail's end sports a head, giving Fafnir four heads in total.
- Vanish Fafnir is the first of four Dynamite Battle System Beyblades to include an Evolution Gear Add-On piece for Dynamite Belial Nexus Venture-2, the second being Savior Valkyrie Shot-7, the third being Astral Spriggan Over Quattro-0, and the fourth being Guilty Longinus Karma Metal Destroy-2.