Variares 145WB is a Defense Type Beyblade released by Hasbro as part of the Hybrid Wheel System. It was released in western countries as a Beyblade: Metal Fury Starter Pack for USD$8.99 in the United States.
Face Bolt - Variares
- Main article: Face Bolt - Variares
The Face Bolt depicts "Ares". In Greek mythology, Ares was the god of war. The design features Ares's signature helmet, along with swords and a shield between them.
Fusion Wheel - Variares
- Main article: Fusion Wheel - Variares (Hasbro)
Hasbro's Variares is a three-winged Dual Spin Fusion Wheel. Each of these wings end in a sharp point that provides Smash Attack. Between each wing is a protrusion. Compared to the original 4D Metal Wheel mold, Hasbro's Variares does not have the gimmick, and is stuck in "Defense Mode". The PC Frame protrusions are stuck in place and do not retract when spinning.
Like all Hasbro remakes of 4D Metal Wheels, Variares has a significant reduction in weight. As a result, the already high recoil of the design is increased.
Spin Track - 145
- Main article: Spin Track - 145
145, along with its variants (Claw 145 (C145), Down Force 145 (DF145), etc.), was once the highest Spin Track available, until the 230 Spin Track was released with Flame Byxis 230WD. 145 can be used in Stamina Type combinations to great effect due to its tall height, which allows for more wobbling as the Beyblade loses its spin velocity. However, gimmick-paired Spin Tracks such as Boost Disk 145 (BD145) have immensely outclassed their original basic variant, as have several taller gimmick Spin Tracks, especially against heavy, mid-height Attack customisations. Even in stamina battles, 145 does not offer enough balance: Spin Tracks such as Armor Defense 145 (AD145) and Wide Defense 145 (WD145) provide a good center of gravity, and aid with a slight downforce to maintain stability.
Performance Tip - Wide Ball
- Main article: Performance Tip - Wide Ball
Wide Ball (WB), as the name implies, is simply Ball with a larger surface. As a result, Wide Ball outclasses Ball in terms of defense. The greater surface area creates more movement compared to Ball. This is disadvantageous against Attack Type combinations, as it increases the chance of a knockout.
- It has the same 145WB combo as Rock Leone 145WB.
- On the Hasbro website, Variares' prototype has a red PC Frame, matching the original Takara Tomy colors. However when it was released, it was released with a yellow PC Frame.
- Variares also has a slightly more detailed Face Bolt print, with the colors reversed.
- The B-151A release includes two Dome Spin Tracks for use with the Destroyer Dome stadium. Included are the black "D62" Spin Track and the brown "U61" Spin Track.