Wind Aquario 100HF/S (ウインドアクアリオ100HF/S, Uindo akuario 100HF/S) is an Attack-Type Beyblade released as part of the Hybrid Wheel System, but it is only obtainable as the prize Beyblade in the Random Booster Light Vol.2 Wind Aquario 100HF/S. It contains no Metal Wheel. It was first released in Japan on May 23, 2009 for 864¥. Hasbro released this Beyblade with the Metal Wheel equivalent of Wind, Storm, as Storm Aquario 100HF/S.
Face Bolt: Aquario
Main article: Face Bolt - Aquario
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Aquarius, the eleventh astrological sign in the Zodiac.
Energy Ring: Aquario
Main article: Energy Ring - Aquario
Aquario’s original release color is navy, featuring a wave pattern which repeats itself four times. This release is a pearlescent blue color. It is amongst the heaviest Energy Rings, making it one of the best choices for HWS-based Defense customizations.
Use in Defense Customisation
Aquario is the Energy Ring of choice in the top-tier Defense Combination MF-H Duo Aquario BD145RDF/RF
Use in Stamina Customisation
Aquario's great weight distribution has good synergy with the Duo Fusion Wheel in the top-tier Stamina Combination Duo Aquario TH170 and Duo Aquario B:D .
Light Wheel: Wind
Main article: Light Wheel - Wind
Spin Track: 100
Main article: Spin Track - 100
- Weight: 1.0 gram
This Track is the third lowest track available, but is outclassed in terms of Attack and Stamina by the 85 and 90 Tracks. 100 usually has no problem with floor scrapes, and while it is generally an outclassed part, it is still competitively viable, particularly in Attack customizations where it is able to make good contact with most opposing Beyblades.
Attack: 1 - Defense: 0 - Stamina: 0
Performance Tip: Hole Flat/Sharp
Main article: Performance Tip - HF/S
HF/S is Wind Aquario’s most unique part, and currently has not seen a regular re-release elsewhere by TAKARA-TOMY. It is the tallest Bottom to date. HF/S’ gimmick is mode-change. The idea behind the mode-change is potent as it allows users to adapt their strategy between rounds, so that they can adjust their type to counter their opponents. The user is able to change the tip manually between Hole Flat, and Sharp, by rotating the lower portion of the Bottom:
- Sharp Mode:
There are balance problems associated with the Sharp Mode because of its height, and also because it is a Sharp tip, poor balance is an issue. There is no reason to choose this over Bottoms such as D, SD, or WD.
- Hole Flat Mode:
Compared to the original HF Bottom, the HF of HF/S is much wider to accommodate enough space for the Sharp Bottom to fit through when changed. It is just as wide as WF, and as a result, is one of the fastest moving Bottoms available aside from RF and R²F. Its usefulness in traditional low Attack customizations is somewhat hindered by it being the tallest Bottom released to date, but the speed is still there, so it does have use.
Currently there are no competitive customizations utilizing HF/S, but it is an interesting Bottom to experiment with.
- Storm Aquario M145Q – Hybrid Wheel Reshuffle Set (Attack & Balance) (Clear Red)
- Rock Aquario 125SF – Faceoff: Pegasis Tornado Wing
- Cyber Aquario 105RF - Beyblade Deck Attack & Defense Set (Light Blue)
- Storm Aquario 100HF/S -Beyblade: Metal Fusion (Dark blue)
- Dark Aquario 100HF/S -Fusion Wheel Change (Dark blue)
Wind Aquario 100HF/S is a valuable prize Beyblade, but is predominantly a novelty gimmick Beyblade; HF/S is not currently competitive and by no means necessary in achieving success. However, its Clear Wheel is advantageous for most types of combinations, and consequently makes this Beyblade or any other Beyblade with Aquario a must-have.
- Wind Aquario 100HF/ S is only obtainable through Random Booster Light Vol.2 Wind Aquario 100HF/ S, where it is the "rare" (or prize) Beyblade. Hasbro released this Beyblade with the Metal Wheel equivalent of Wind, Storm, as Storm Aquario 100HF/S.
- Because Aquarius is the water bearer, Aquario's beast is the water itself (Beasts glow when they appear so that means that the water used in the Attack "Infinite Assault" is the beast because the water glows).
- Aquario is the only Beyblade which its beast have no main or solid body because it's body is water.
- In the anime and the Japanese mold, the Facebolt sticker on Aquario has "AQRO" but in the Hasbro version, they have put "Aquario" on it instead of "AQRO".
- On the original box of Aquario, the code paper shows a picture of Gingka and his other friends. But on the 3 pack with Aquario, Flame Bull and Cyber Pegasus, it shows a picture of Hikaru.
- Storm Aquario is one of the three Metal Fusion Attack Beys that use Storm. The other two are Storm Pegasus 105RF and Storm Capricorn M145Q.
- Aquario and Capricorn are the only Metal Fusion Attack Beys with a Storm Fusion Wheel which have gimmicks, HF/ S and M145.
- Hikaru shares an Aquario bey with Mei-Mei, Mei-Mei having an Aquario 105F.
- Aquario is able to be called part of the Maximum Series due to HF/ S being the tallest performance tip.
- It is the first and only Beyblade to feature the 100HF/ S.
- Storm Aquario is one of many beyblades to never have shown it's beast in the anime.
- The bottom, HF/ S, functions like L-Drago Destroy's F:S, except F:S is automatic.
- It is the only Bey to have a performance tip that changes, as well as it's height.