- This article is about the Takara Tomy release. For the Hasbro release, see Wizard Fafnir F5 Ratchet Rise-H.
|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Wizard Fafnir Ratchet Rise Sen (ウィザードファブニル・ラチェット・ライズ・閃, Uizādo Fabunīru Rachetto Raizu Sen) is a Stamina Type Beyblade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Gatinko Layer System. It was released as a Starter in Japan on April 27th, 2019 for 1728円. It was created in inspiration of Free De La Hoya's Geist Fafnir 8'Proof Absorb.
Gatinko Chip - Fafnir
Main article: Gatinko Chip - Fafnir
Takara Tomy's Fafnir depicts the two dragons in the form of Fafnir, son of the dwarf king Hreidmar. The design is similar to the Longinus Gatinko Chip. It also shows the two Fafnirs' claws gripping the center hole of the Gatinko Chip.
Layer Weight - Sen
Main article: Layer Weight - Sen
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Sen Layer Weight will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Layer Base - Wizard
Main article: Layer Base - Wizard (Takara Tomy)
Takara Tomy's Wizard, like its predecessor Geist Fafnir, is a Stamina Type Layer Base that features a triangular perimeter and three side profile dragon heads with an "F" along each, meant to represent Fafnir, son of the dwarf king Hreidmar.
Wizard also features gimmicks: The first is that this Layer is meant to spin Left, opposite to most other Beyblades. The second is that the "F"s are made of rubber, akin to both its predecessor and the L-Drago II Clear Wheel from Metal Fight Beyblade. The inclusion of rubber aids in this Layer's ability to equalize spin with a Right-Spin opponent.
While the triangular shape and rough perimeter of Wizard may imply recoil, the Left-Spin nature of this Layer reduces recoil against a Right-Spin opponent. When spinning slower than a Right-Spin opponent, the rubber "F"s of Wizard allows for Spin-Equalization, where the Layers of two opposite spinning Beyblades work akin to gears and equally distribute their spin, by acting as a cushion against impact, increasing friction between Layers, acting as a "hook" for the other Beyblade to catch into and propel Wizard faster and reducing recoil to increase the rate of contact. Due to the greater exposed surface area of the rubber, the effect is more prominent than in Drain Fafnir, though the greater weight makes the effect far less pronounced against lightweight opponents.
When against a Left-Spin opponent, Wizard cannot equalize spin and the rubber will instead act as brakes. If the opponent has less Burst Resistance than Wizard, then the friction can potentially Burst the opponent. However, if the opponent has greater Burst Resistance than Wizard, the friction of the rubber can cause a Wizard Combination to Self-Burst or severely lose Stamina.
Forge Disc - Ratchet
Main article: Forge Disc - Ratchet (Takara Tomy)
Takara Tomy's Ratchet is a Forge Disc that contains plastic and metal. The plastic part locks in place against a Right-Spin opponent and spins freely against a Left-Spin opponent akin to Tornado Wyvern to theoretically help with Spin-Equalization, however, in practice, the plastic piece has little to no effect as it is too small to come in any contact unless Disc-to-Layer contact has occurred.
Performance Tip - Rise
Main article: Performance Tip - Rise
In-depth information for the Rise Performance Tip will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
- Like its predecessor Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing, Geist Fafnir 8' Absorb and Geist Fafnir 8'Proof Absorb, Wizard Fafnir's name is based off of Fafnir, a son of the dwarf king Hreidmar, in Norse mythology. Fafnir was cursed by Andvari's ring and gold, turning him into a dragon, which is enforced by Fafnir's dragon avatar.
- The "wizard" portion of its name is based from wizard, a man in legends and fairy tales, who's skilled in the arts of magic.
- This is the first Fafnir Beyblade not to be owned by Free De La Hoya, as it was created by Fumiya using Free as an inspiration. Due to this, the Wizard Fafnir avatar is a separate entity than an upgrade of Geist Fafnir's avatar, noted by Wizard Fafnir's more bipedal dragon features, two eyes, and a white organ on its torso with sea-green electrified energy pulsing.
- Like Free, Fumiya rarely used a Bey Launcher to launch Wizard Fafnir, but instead of spinning it from his hand like Free, Fumiya places the Beyblade on the Beystadium's center, letting it absorb spin from the opponent's Beyblade's attacks.
- Wizard Fafnir is the second of seven Beys in Beyblade Burst Rise to retain its original name in both the Japanese and English Versions of the anime; the others being Ace Dragon, Rock Dragon, Judgement Joker, Union Achilles, Prime Apocalypse, and Master Dragon.